The King (Epic/Emotional Orchestral, Choral)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've composed an epic/emotional orchestral piece, using the 8Dio Silka Choir.

Let me know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/mediumaevum-artist/the-king

Very emotional piece. The choir and instruments sound great.

margaret0547 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:09 pm Very emotional piece. The choir and instruments sound great.

That's a damn nice sounding choir. Musically excellent. Hey, you're pretty darn good at this stuff. LOL

Lovely piece - very effective sustained choir tones with a well judged rise and fall in dynamics.

Low long string notes worked well from around 30 seconds or so...just added a bit of extra depth to it all.

Final section (from the rhythmic strings onwards) also works successfully, but sort of gives the listener the impression that it's all about to rise into a new more expansive section of musical development...and then it all stops...I wanted it to continue developing even further! :)

One very small point on the rhythmic strings - they do sound a tiny bit stilted - do they need a bit of extra velocity editing or maybe the string library's 'random round robin' system turned on?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:49 pm That's a damn nice sounding choir. Musically excellent. Hey, you're pretty darn good at this stuff. LOL
Thank you :)
ChameleonMusic wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:29 pm One very small point on the rhythmic strings - they do sound a tiny bit stilted - do they need a bit of extra velocity editing or maybe the string library's 'random round robin' system turned on?
Yes, I think you're right the staccatos need more velocity editing.

On the other hand, they shouldn't direct attention away from everything else, so it's some kind of balance.

Return to “Music Cafe”