[?] Airplanes

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1 instance Drumatic 3
1 instance EVM Bassline
1 instance JXsynth
2 instances Synth1
5 instances Nebula M42

and small bits of:
Sampletank free
Pentagon I
Spook Keys

Nice, IMO, but still something missing; and I don't have proper monitors :?. Comments please.

Airplanes

By the way: what genre do you call this? :)

Thanx
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

id say ambient and pretty darn nice too :)
very floaty 8)

Thanx :)

Come on, guys: 57 views and 1 comment? :o

Listening to it now....
hmmmm... lovely.
Great pads, especially the one starting at 2'40. Band-pass tweakeroony. :wink:

I seldom like the kind of electric guitar bass you've used here, in such ambient/electro tunes. It always reminds me of GeneralMidi sound sets.

From about 1'10 to 1'50 it's rather sublime. 8) . But then that bass....

What's making that spacy sustained pad at 1'00 and 4'15 ?

jax wrote:Come on, guys: 57 views and 1 comment? :o

ive noticed a few people worrying about views to comments ratio
dont worry about it,does it matter how many people listen?comment?
as long as you yourself enjoy it,everything else is just a bonus 8)

Forever Sun wrote:... What's making that spacy sustained pad at 1'00 and 4'15 ?
It's Nebula M42 :D

Thanks for commenting. I know I must get some real bass synth soon. I like a lot EVM Bassline when I listen to it solo, but in the mixes it doesn't sound too good (not much better than VB-1) :( I'll try something else (thinking about DaHornet, maybe).

I suspected it was Nebula M42, I did. :)

jax wrote: I know I must get some real bass synth soon.
What do you mean ?! You have all the tools already. Just use Synth 1 . I bet you can get a nice round, warm sounding bass which doesn't sound too electronic ( nor GM-ish, :wink: ). Triangle II can do some nice pseudo-electro-acoustic bass sounds.

Go forth and synthesise ! (nice bass sounds :hihi: ).

Edit. Just noticed you have Pentagon I !!!! Shame on you for not getting a bass sound to end all bass sounds ! :wink: 8)

jax,

I enjoyed listening to your very nicely produced track, good suspense within its relaxed mood, I guess, at least to my ears, it is the structure and dynamics within that make it floaty as Vurt stated. or it is the wine I drunk which makes me state general statements like
it is the structure and dynamics within that
:oops:

keep 'em coming!

A very enjoyable tune, that could do with some good compression to bring some better dynamics and more accentuation on some of the instruments.

Like said; great floaty quality :)

I can only repeat what the otherrs already said.

nice tune 8)

About bass, for me it sounds good, but if you want a special bass-synth have a look for bazzoid, it is only about 20 $ and dedicated to basses.

Thank you, guys.

In fact I have Triangle II, but was never too happy with it's basses: not "my" bass sound. And so far I used Pentagon I mainly for leads, not too fond of it's basses too (or my problem to get a decent bass from it). In fact I realized there's a huge difference between a solo bass and how it sits in the mix.

On the other hand I tried DaHornet and it worked fine, as I expected. Working on a new version right now, although I think I'll keep the old bass in some parts :) Watch this space :wink:

::applause::

vurt wrote:
jax wrote:Come on, guys: 57 views and 1 comment? :o

ive noticed a few people worrying about views to comments ratio
dont worry about it,does it matter how many people listen?comment?
as long as you yourself enjoy it,everything else is just a bonus 8)
I don't necessarily agree here. I think it matters, the way I see it, the more views and less comments you get tends to suggest that people didn't really like the track but didn't want to hurt your feelings. I'm always keen to get as much feedback as possible and it does concern me if I put a track up and nobody responds...you're right about enjoying yourself tho.

None of this is meant in relation to this track Jax (sorry haven't listened yet cos I'm at work). Hey there you go, a comment even tho I haven't listened :lol:

Thanks a lot to you guys. I have a new version with a different bass, but I have lousy speakers, so I'll have to burn later the two versions to a CD and listen on the living's stereo. Then I'll decide what bass goes better.

Everyone else, keep on with your comments :)

JA

Return to “Music Cafe”