dopamine - Zoit

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a live track to be played at our gig in Canberra, Australia next month. It will be part of a two hour set so there's no real ending to this yet so it just kinda fades out at the end. I'll sort out an ending soon enough though......

http://www.obscuresounds.com/dopamine/dopamine_zoit.mp3

Thanks,
Matt

not 100% my style but well made, very good production
I'm sure that bass/kick will work well in a live environment :D

nice break around the 3min mark

very well made, I like it 8)
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Yes, exellent production quality. I wish i could be down there to catch the show!

very good track - I'm a bit jealous really 'cos I'd like to make a track half as good as that.

very Plump DJs sounding.

Can't fault it personally so I'll shut up.

Really clean and well balanced!

Curious what monitors you used to mix this?

The mids sit nicely...the bass is not at all boomy...the highs aren`t sizzly...good balance for a pumping PA.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

dopamine wrote:This is a live track to be played at our gig in Canberra, Australia next month. It will be part of a two hour set so there's no real ending to this yet so it just kinda fades out at the end. I'll sort out an ending soon enough though......

http://www.obscuresounds.com/dopamine/dopamine_zoit.mp3

Thanks,
Matt
Broken link? Bandwidth exceeded?

EDIT: K, nowitworx.
Last edited by psynus on Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WinXP * CubaseSX3 * Intel Core2Duo6800 * 2GB RAM * M-Audio 24/96

In order to find out about production quality I do allways a test on quite good speakers and the same on cheap ones. If the balance stays the same, then IMHO production is good.

This piece is really made for a live act, and I think you will get lot of ambience.

This is one impressive track that like said would kill in a live setting. Top production

Nice use of grunting at 0:07 and then repeated throughout-- 'uh!' It's not an overblown grunt. :D

Unfortunately, though the beats were amazing, the song did not survive my personal endurance test. As you know, I'm not that knowledgable a listener of club-style music, and I have attention span defecits when listening to most electronic-based music. At about 2:00, I started focusing more on the forum I was browsing than on the music itself.

I can imagine people getting sweaty to this, which is what you need; however, a bit more drama in the soundscape would grab attention a bit more, IMO.

Well done, and production still at a level I'll never reach. :D

Greg

Hey Dopamine ....
I've been listening to your stuff for a few years now mate :wink: and I've gotta say the improvement in the last 2 years inparticular has been somewhat exponential :D .
You really do the the whole breaks thing exceptionally well I must say. (Way better than I ever could).
Really smooth as all F#@K production.
Would be a killer live track.
When are you guy's gonna be gigging down Melbourne way so I can catch up ?
Nice to hear a track of yours popping up on here.
PS: Your "This is Rock'n'Roll" prodikeys remix thing was an absolute gas I might add :D .
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

Nice track... not my style, but it kills for what it is. I have to agree with everyone on the production quality being pheonomenal. Way to NOT go overkill on effects as well... very nice and tasteful use. A bit more variety and changes in notation might help it a bit.

Jedi

bet this gets em dancing live 8)

very clear, very well mixed, cool 8)

cheers,

steve.

really clear sound indeed!
tripy sounds !
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

great oldschool! energy dance music! good sound
recpect.
PS may be will be better if synth solo (2:30) will have more variations, not just 3 second loop. IMHO

Thanks for the kind words guys! :D

Fax :D , No plans for Melbourne just yet but you never know. This is our second gig in Canberra but we really need to record a new demo as i've re-written all my live tracks and added a bunch of new stuff. Hmmmmm... know any promoters down there? Also, got anything for me to listen to now that you've gone virtual?

Matt

Return to “Music Cafe”