[Ambient n Breaks?] My Lunar Eclipse Tune

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hulloo

Well I'm off work with a grotty cold, so was inspired by Tim to write a tune for the lunar eclipse tonight, which I believe is called the Hunter eclipse 8)

Uses a few M42's (of course), a couple of Cameleons, a piano soundfont, some drum samples, and more filtering action than you can shake a telescope at.

The pops and clicks from the filters may not be to everyones taste, but I like 'em . Incidentally, if you've ever listened to radio recordings of the Northern Lights... you may find a similarity, which was actually coincidental.

The structure is a bit odd but actually ended up mimicing an eclipse, with a beginning, middle and end. Sort of.

Here be it TheHunterEclipse, 6.5M, 192 Kbpbpsps

I'd kind of like to dedicate this to a good friend who's just moved out of our flat, without whom I wouldn't be doing this malarky at all. Good luck on your travels amigo :wink:

Comments and suggestions as usual encouraged if you listen to it :D

Jim
Last edited by Hunter on Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very nice piece Jim! Definitly on my play list tonight for the Eclipse!I like the ambient beginning.. a very positive type of feel. Also sounds like its an old record :-) The processed piano sounds cool as well. heck..I remember before synths they processed that piano to all get out! ( prepared , echoed and swung )

I like the filtered percussion going into the second part.. a nice trick.Good use of M42 as well. Does have a loony kind of feel to it. :shock:

TC

nice track it is :-)

thanks for sharing Jim

more in the pm ;-)

Downloading, will comment tomorrow after 5pm :wink:

Early i know.... :hihi:

Well, not sure what to say about it. Its nice enough, but im kinda getting tired of ambient stuff, and the beats werent hard enough to keep me interested. Im more a knid of...'build it up slowely, mellow atmos...then BANG...hit em with some kick ass beatzzzzzzzz'

...as they say :oops:

Isn't that what a criminal would do? Slowly creep up behind somebody and BANG!!! :hihi:
jeremywentworth.com - music and software

OK...I thought I was gonna be clouded out, but the moon came out just in time and had my scope and 15x70 binocs set up on the front lawn. What a cool event. I also put on headphones with the downloaded MP3s from this forum, including this piece as well as vurts and a few more. Had a great time. The moon looked so irresdencant..blue and red glow while it was in totality. Then when it came out and you could see all the phases of the moon in one night! Then at the very last, a sattilite transited the face of the moon ( which I heard about was going to happen).,.but I actually saw it! VERY COOL!

The music was great however..thanks for writting this piece!

TC

I Love It :oops:
sounds verrrrry relaxing, even on the Notebook Loudspeakers :D .
Please tell, which synth you used for the start and the
bird like noises?
Keep on Great Work :D
Jonamb aka. JustJ
Stream my tunes

jonamb wrote:I Love It :oops:
sounds verrrrry relaxing, even on the Notebook Loudspeakers :D .
Please tell, which synth you used for the start and the
bird like noises?
Keep on Great Work :D
Hi Jonamb

The sounds at the start are Cameleon and M42 (M42 is making the 'bird'-like noises. On bass we have a Cameleon, with a super patch by our very own rsmus7 8) , and another M42 slips in after the drums fade out. sfz is on soundfont piano duties.

Glad you liked it, have a listen on some good speakers it'll be even better

:wink:

Jim

rsmus7 soon at manc wrote:nice track it is :-)

thanks for sharing Jim

more in the pm ;-)
Well I'd have to say nice bass patch for Cameleon, wonder who programmed it :wink: :hihi: 8) :hail:

Kriminal wrote:Early i know.... :hihi:

Well, not sure what to say about it. Its nice enough, but im kinda getting tired of ambient stuff, and the beats werent hard enough to keep me interested. Im more a knid of...'build it up slowely, mellow atmos...then BANG...hit em with some kick ass beatzzzzzzzz'

...as they say :oops:
Yeah its not the most percussive piece it has to be said, but it wasn't supposed to be really, in fact the beats weren't planned but evolved from a metronome hat...

Hmmm, must do some more beat-orientated stuff... I could finish the remix if that Lenny tune some time 8)

its got beaaaatttttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

its proper bo!

tconrardy wrote:
The music was great however..thanks for writting this piece!

TC
The pleasure was all mine, my good man. Thanks for making M42 :hail: 8)

Great piece Jim with some cool rich sounds that go all over the place.

Somehow my ears expected a heavy unisoned lead at 2.25 to get some eighties wave going in there. Just a thought though; or some excruciating filtered and mangled beats like Krim said. 8)

i like this as is to be honest 8)
nice saturday afternoon fodder to my ears
like the change to kelly watch the skies :love:

oooh, enjoyed the panned crackly stuff loads.

Kelly watch the skies indeed. Nicely spotted, vurt :wink: Just this side of cheesy, thank goodness. It drops out a bit suddenly, though, I thought. Went down nicely with the in-laws, you'll be pleased to know. "ooh, that's nice...who's that?"

:wink: :hihi:
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

Return to “Music Cafe”