[?] Hommage to Big Karma

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This has been made with some samples taken from BK's BongPiner1,

and this is my Hommage to Big Karma. (updated version)

comments welcome (obviously).

Sytrus, daOgan, DR-008, ST2Free, SF2 file, voxengo Voxformer, classic master limiter, Sonar 4 & FLS and their FXs.
Last edited by Wopelka on Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

maybe i should precise that i received BK's permission to use her track. 8)

:hug:

great tune wopelka, and excellent vocal.
8)
on my fourth listen now.

thanks garry, :D

i wasn't quite happy with the bass and the mix.

therefore, here is a second version. impOSCar has been replaced by Sytrus and a SF2 instrument.

it's better now, isn't it?

tbh, I might never have noticed you changed the bass..
but listening closely, I like the sound of the first bass better..it just has a little 'bite' to it. Nothing wrong with the second one, though. good tune
and groove.

Ohhh my god this is a flamin' honour and a privelege. I am absolutely amazed, gobsmaked and stunned!!

This is marvellous and I love what you have done here - although I asked for my original tune thread to be locked, due to some very negative things having been said there, Im really chuffed and pleased and flattered by the responses I recieved.

Wolk' you are a terror!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for taking a very small, badly planned and amateurish tune and turning it into something positive - not just wolk tho - I have been so humbled by all this and feel really supported and validated!!!

Cheers guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Garry, i think i see what you mean about the ImpOSCar's "bite". i'll see what i can do.

BK, thanks for your message. i hope my little contribution might encourage you to publicly share your next musical creations, whatever the worms might shout about! :wink:

cheers

Nice job here Phil. :D

Love the vocals - any chance of the lyrics? 8)

Glassback wrote:Nice job here Phil. :D
GB, thank you very much for stopping by ! :D
Glassback wrote:Love the vocals - any chance of the lyrics? 8)
sure. they are in the submission thread. but here they are too: (please don't laugh at my accent :D)

you worked hard and took your time
you waited till you felt ready
finally the big day came
you didn't thought it'd be easy

you blushed while appearing
that's like a baby on the road
but after a very short waiting
you heard the cheers of the crowd

you thought it was a good idea
your inner work is most welcome
that was just before the flea
just before the shout of the worm

cheers.

8)

superb rmx

kudos to you both

Make more compliments to all of your friends :D

Feel the love :love:

cheers mates, always cool to get feedbacks. :D

Big Karma wrote: I am absolutely amazed, gobsmaked and stunned.........

although I asked for my original tune thread to be locked, due to some very negative things having been said there..............

Thanks for taking a very small, badly planned and amateurish tune...................

and turning it into something positive - not just wolk tho - I have been so humbled by all this and feel really supported and validated!!!

I think perhaps you should re-evaluate this comment. If YOU think your tune was badly planned and amateurish.............
oh and why do u feel validated? wots that mean?
:) :roll: :)

@Wopelka: why post you've made 2 versions but only leave one to DL? I'd have liked the comparison.

love is all around u....................?
... no time for unnecessary politeness nor a debate ...

... you might not care but some members are actually human with feelings and stuff you know ???

i'm aware that this track may be painful as it's closely linked to a past event we all want to get over.

the lyrics were written just after that event and reflect what were my feelings during that episode.

however, i think they are sufficiently vague to remain interesting without any reference to the said event.

on the other hand, i meant that track to be an hommage to Big Karma rather than a bashing.

my only hope is that BK will release new tracks for the pleasure of those who like her and for those who are happy to see her making some noises with her computer.

nocompromise wrote:@Wopelka: why post you've made 2 versions but only leave one to DL? I'd have liked the comparison.
the first version is still online.

same link, without the '2' at the end of the mp3 filename.

however, as bluedad said, the difference is very thin. only the bass sound is a little different.

Return to “Music Cafe”