!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
colin@loomer
KVRian
1164 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:44 am

Yes. It's all vector-based and scales up (and down) beautifully.
Shift from Loomer: Diatonic Granular Pitch Shifting Delay (AU, RTAS, & VST for Mac OS X, Windows, & Linux)

firepile
KVRian
849 posts since 19 Aug, 2009

Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

Post Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:01 am

colin@loomer wrote:Yes. It's all vector-based and scales up (and down) beautifully.
:clap: :tu:
CodeFN42 - Free VST MIDI Plugins & More

gentleclockdivider
KVRian
1234 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:29 am

So what about the audio examples , please ?
Noodling around , see what it's capable of
:tu: .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider
KVRian

Post Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:28 am

Bump , any audio examples yet ? :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

abstractcats
KVRAF
3475 posts since 19 Aug, 2008 from USA-lien In the 8th Dimention

Post Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:39 am

colin@loomer wrote:@mooneh
Sure. The only visual tweak probably worth noting since the last time I posted is that the loops now work differently, in that they can wrap around the last step and first steps. Behind the scenes though there have been a lot of transport improvements and fixes on these, though: a couple more direction modes, reverse alternate, and reverse pendulum, that mirror the current alternate and pendulum, but backwards; and much needed flexibility when it comes to setting the current playing step via inlet modulation.

@gentleclockdivider
I've not got video capture set up on any of my machines, but I will look into re-installing said software when I get a gap. Anything in particular you want to see a video of, or would just me noodling around and creating something from scratch be fine?
WOW! Looks very good! Complex, with being to complicated. From what I remember reading, its kind of like a massive step sequencer, and hosts VSTs? And similarities to say, Reaktor?

colin@loomer
KVRian

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:41 am

Yes; it's a modular MIDI toolkit, so Reaktor-like, but perhaps more 'programmer-friendly' in that it supports structured data types and is scriptable, and as you say, it hosts other plug-ins.
Shift from Loomer: Diatonic Granular Pitch Shifting Delay (AU, RTAS, & VST for Mac OS X, Windows, & Linux)

HunterKiller
KVRAF
2002 posts since 10 Mar, 2006

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:01 pm

Colin why did you decide to expand it into a behemoth, what inspired that, instead of just completing the vision you had at the beginning?

It surely must've been quite an odyssey for you personally, from 2012 till now.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

colin@loomer
KVRian

Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:24 am

The first version that I had nearly completed just didn't cut the ice. There were a handful of elements that, if redone properly, would have vastly expand the possibilities. And they did! Sure, it's been a slog, but a largely enjoyable one, if only for my own personal development, the fact that I began as a coder who probably didn't have the skills to build this, and ended up becoming one who could!

woggle
KVRAF
2160 posts since 24 Nov, 2012

Post Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:30 am

last two posts are excellent, good question, good answer

gentleclockdivider
KVRian

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:01 pm

@ colin ...found some time to give us some audio examples / short walktrough .
See how it behaves , some real life examples 8)
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRian

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:10 pm

I've been mad busy fixing issues with the live play UI, which I believe is the only component that I haven't revealed yet. As usual, these things take longer than I could have guessed, but I hope to have some additional screenshots and an information dump soon (ie, next few days).

As for audio examples, turns out I'm terrible at making audio demos, but I'll see if I can get someone who isn't so awful at them to make something typically Architect.

Michael L
KVRAF
2434 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from the End of the World as we Knowit

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:59 pm

colin@loomer wrote:I'll see if I can get someone who isn't so awful at them to make something typically Architect.
Terrific idea! If she can also make a video live-playing her creation, we can better understand the workflow.

starla*
KVRist
115 posts since 28 Jul, 2005 from Sweden

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Only audio examples that's trying to impress is pretty pointless imo. No matter the tools its still the person behind it that make the music.
A video walk through showing the basic workflow and navigation would be interesting.
The getting started videos of Cirklon is a good example.

colin@loomer
KVRian

Post Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:43 am

starla* wrote:Only audio examples that's trying to impress is pretty pointless imo. No matter the tools its still the person behind it that make the music.
A video walk through showing the basic workflow and navigation would be interesting.
The getting started videos of Cirklon is a good example.
That's a good point, thanks. I'll check out the Cirklon videos.

gentleclockdivider
KVRian

Post Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:54 am

Sure we don't expect a musical masterpiece .
Just some real life examples of polymeter and polyrytm would be nice
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Loomer”