license transfer policies

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
KVRian
665 posts since 24 May, 2009

Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:00 am

Hi-

Your synth, Aspect was compared to Helix and Albino at http://rekkerd.org/review-loomer-aspect/ on the comment area!!! Wow, that's very nice praise.

As, Helix is on my list to purchase, that really caught my attention. I am really interested in Aspect as the GUI and price are excellent.

One further requirement, I need to ask before purchasing is your license transfer policies. How do you handle them? Say the need arises from a user to resell, are there fees and is the license transferable?

Thanks, James
Last edited by sunhome on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF
2239 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:59 am

Hi James

As of yet, we've had no request for transfers. People obviously just don't seem to want to part with our software ;)

The policy I'm going to go with is transfer is free, but once transferred it becomes NFR. I think that's fair for everyone involved: you can buy it knowing that if you outgrow it you can dispose of it, and the next buyer gets it at a discounted price but can't then sell it on any further.

Other than it being NFR, a transferred licence will be identical to a standard one. The owner of a transferred licence will still be entitled to the usual free upgrades, free soundbanks (when I get around to releasing them!), etc...

Sounds fair?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

KVRian

Topic Starter

665 posts since 24 May, 2009

Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:36 pm

Thanks for explaining! The resale does drop somewhat with NFR, however that does encourage that I make a direct purchase from you, instead of buying second hand.

Thanks, the price, the gui, and the sounds are all in line for a purchase from me.

[edit: just purchased]

James

Banned
22470 posts since 5 Sep, 2001

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:20 am

Hi, i couldn't find any info on the website re transfers so am glad i found it here.. at 3.5 years old though i just want to make sure the info is still correct?

personally i think i'd rather be a 10% fee (max) with non NFR.

Note Colin, i am NOT going to buy your products second hand, this is not why i am asking, i have already made the decision to support you directly regardless. :)

In my case, after thoroughly testing the demos of your stuff multiple times and absolutely knowing for sure what i would want to buy, the ONLY reason i would ever sell them on after i buy is if i do quit music permanently (health issues) that's it.. That;s why i have researched the demos so heavily, not to make any blunders in purchases like i often used to (and recently did with something else i shall not name LOL).

Well actually, i want to buy everything as there is nothing you make that i literally don't love! but of course, we buy in order of priority hey :)

KVRAF
2239 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:39 am

Yes, we're still currently using the same policy regarding resales: a new purchaser can sell their copy on, at zero cost, and the transferee will get the same rights to free upgrades and support as the original owner.

The only caveat I'd point out is that transfers are handled manually, so can take a little while if you happen to request one outside of UK office hours.
Note Colin, i am NOT going to buy your products second hand, this is not why i am asking, i have already made the decision to support you directly regardless.
Thanks Theo, much appreciated.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”