Shift 2: Diatonic Granular Pitch Shifter & Delay. Out Now!

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks all! Yeah, I really like the clean style too, but I'm not sure Aspect will ever change to the white String styling. A lot of people seem to really like the blue, but who knows? If the interface ever needs a major change (eg, to Aspect 2), then it may very well happen.

In terms of Aspect updates, yes we have several planned, the next one being early 2011. This update will add proper mono legato support, as well as a few other fixes and features. Arp and Step Sequencer are both already on the features list, so hopefully they should be included in a future build, although at this point I've honestly not looked into what is involved with either.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Very great indeed, really enjoying exploring Shift2 demo (though I should be doing Christmas things).

One thing- I'm not able to alter the DRY volume- the knob seems like it's under control of a midi CC but I have not assigned a CC to it- in fact I don't even have a midi track in the project.
Im in DP7. Standalone is fine.

Great work CPB.

Thanks! I've taken a quick look through the code (and I really should be doing Christmas things as well ;) ), and can't see any reason why DryVolume shouldn't work. Guess it must be a Digital Performer thing, which unfortunately I don't have installed in my test environment. I'll contact MOTU and see if they can help me out... I'll post an update when I have something to report regarding this.

Thanks for letting me know!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Purchased in January- it must be good!

Thanks CPB.

Much appreciated pinki!

(As an aside, I have contacted MOTU about the Digital Performer 7 / Dry Volume issue. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, a delay (if you'll excuse the pun) I attribute to the usual Christmas and New Year support coverage. If I've not heard from them soon, I'll follow it up.)

Thanks CPB.

I'm using Shift extensively tonight in DP7.2 and it is still doing it.

Let me know when you hear from Motu.

Cheers

Hi CPB,

I use Kore2 and am trying to import the presets into the Kore browser with no success. I seem to remember that Kore needs presets to be in 'fxb' format or something like that. What format are Shift's presets in?
I can do it manually by recalling each preset and saving each in turn in Kore2 format, so it's no big deal.

Much fun had last night on a track I'm creating. Everything from enrichment to outer space is available on Shift. I like it a lot.

One note- the indication that a preset has changed via an asterisk is great, but I have noticed that if I go into the preset browser and reselect that same preset in order to go back to the unedited version, the asterisk does not disappear. The only way to 'revert' to the original seems to be to click on the arrows to select a different preset then go backwards to the one just left. Does that make sense?
Is that how you designed it to behave?

Thanks,

Andy

PS I just noticed that Resound has no such problem in Kore2 and all the presets imported fine, so this must be to do with the newer Loomer preset system.

Hi Pinki, glad you're liking Shift.
What format are Shift's presets in? I can do it manually by recalling each preset and saving each in turn in Kore2 format, so it's no big deal.
Shift's presets are stored in platform-neutral XML files. If your host supports it, you can export them as FXP or FXB files, but even exporting a bank will only export a bank with a single preset inside.

Unfortunately, this is the downside of internal preset managers - as you correctly pointed out, the older preset manager in Resound, etc, which exports 'proper' FXB files, works fine. Perhaps I could add an 'Export as FXB' option to the browser, which will convert all presets from the selected folder downwards into a single FXB file?
The only way to 'revert' to the original seems to be to click on the arrows to select a different preset then go backwards to the one just left. Does that make sense?
Is that how you designed it to behave?
Oops, no, it's a minor bug with how the list control is working, ie, that it's ignoring a mouse-click on an already selected item. I'll get it fixed. As an aside, the easier way of reverting to the base preset is to use the A|B button on the main UI.

Ok, I've now installed Kore demo and taken a look at what is involved with supporting the preset import into a Kore format. Not being a Kore user, I didn't quite understand the problem, but it does appear that my suggestion ("Export as FXB") wouldn't actually solve anything in this instance. (Which is a shame, because from a developmental point of view, it's not a huge amount of work.)

I'll keep looking into this and see if I can turn up a solution that's less of a chore than manually importing each preset, one-by-one. Has anyone any idea how other plugins with built-in preset managers solve this?

Thanks CPB.

Main thing is that the Preset system in Shift2 is working a treat.

However importing 100 presets into Kore is a bit of a chore.

It's interesting- the systems are very similar and so importing one into the other makes the Shift system a little redundant. Kore wants to be' One to Rule them All' which when Kore first came out seemed like a good idea, and it was. These days with more user-friendly and tagged systems appearing (Shift/Omnisphere etc) in other plugins it is not as attractive.

However that's just my opinion and I'm sure importing into Kore would be a good thing to sort out.

Best

Andy

I agree; even though internal browsers may make Kore and the like slightly redundant (or perhaps in truth, it's the other way round), it would be nice to support it.

Good news though: I may actually have a rather beautiful solution to this. I need to prototype it first. I'll update you when I have a working proof of concept (or indeed, abject failure, as the case may be - there's probably a reason why other plugins don't solve this how I intend to...!)

... and my beautiful solution for easy Kore support didn't work at all. I hoped to allow you switch Shift into a 'flattened' mode, in which it would temporarily expose the entire preset library using the standard VST bank interface. Unfortunately, the VST API states that the number of programs in a bank must be fixed: it can't change at all during the plugin's lifetime. Back to the drawing board on this then...

Shift 2.0.2 for Mac OS X is now available. This release adds the following :
  • Fix for Dry Voice Volume and Synced Delay Time UI controls not responding correctly in Digital Performer.
This issue did not affect either the Windows, or Linux versions of Shift, which remain at 2.0.0.

Download the update here.

Just bought this - been playing around with the v1 demo for a while. Probably should have bought this instead of Discord actually. Will my license unlock v 1 too? - there do seem to be some differences and it would be cool to have both side by side (plus I like some of the presets).

Hi aMUSEd. Thanks for the purchase. The licence keys are different for Shift v1 and v2, but if you drop us a short message (pm, email, or via the support email address here) with your registered name and email address, we can send you a Shift v1 unlock key.

Return to “Loomer”