Shift 2: Diatonic Granular Pitch Shifter & Delay. Out Now!

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool thanks. This is a really excellent plugin.

pinki wrote:I use Kore2 and am trying to import the presets into the Kore browser with no success. I seem to remember that Kore needs presets to be in 'fxb' format or something like that.
I was just looking back through the outstanding feature requests, and noticed this is still unsolved. I've been doing a little brainstorming, and I'd just like an opinion on an approach that might work:

Theoretically, if I wrote a batch preset conversion utility that could convert an entire folder structure of .XML presets to .FXP format, wouldn't that fix this? If you had a folder full of .FXP files, could Kore import them all once into its library?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

... and after a little investigation, I can confirm that: no, this won't work. Even with discrete .fxp presets, Kore seemingly can't import them in bulk. Back (again) to the drawing board!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

There's no point in just converting the presets to Kore format without a Kore controller template anyway. I've been working on one for Shift 2 - a draft version is here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/Kore%20 ... mplate.ksd

but needs a bit of fine tuning - when done this could be used as a starting point for converting the presets but it could only be done one-by-one as Kore can only read preset formats other hosts can (for obvious reasons) so it only "see's" the actual preset loaded (as does any host) - I could do it but it will take a bit of time.

Thanks for the template aMUSEd, much appreciated!

I've started converting sounds using the template now but in some cases it is also fun to add some morphing variations - for an example of what can be done using Kore's preset morphing capabilities try these for now (Kore and Shift 2 needed):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/Kore%20 ... %20%2B.ksd

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/Kore%20 ... %20%2B.ksd

Seems to be a mouse scroll wheel problem on my system with this release - when I have the browser open whatever direction I move the scroll wheel it always moves upwards in the browser. Win 7 64 bit

Ok, sounds straightforward: I'll take a look and see if I can get a fix out in the next few days. If you're in a position to be able to test this, could you let me know if this issue affects both plug-in and standalone versions? Does this only affect the preset browser list, or does it also affect mouse-wheel operation of the main UI rotary controls?

OK this afternoon I have converted 12 of my favourite presets to KoreSounds and for each added 7 variations that can be morphed between - nice to be able to move multiple params and voices in one go using the Kore controller - can get very dramatic shifts this way. I also added 3 sounds of my own (3 x 8 variations that is)

Each preset has full attributes and I copied across as many as possible of the same attributes used in Shift's browser including the descriptions which I added as comments.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/Kore%20 ... es%201.zip

CPB wrote:Ok, sounds straightforward: I'll take a look and see if I can get a fix out in the next few days. If you're in a position to be able to test this, could you let me know if this issue affects both plug-in and standalone versions? Does this only affect the preset browser list, or does it also affect mouse-wheel operation of the main UI rotary controls?
I didn't even know there was a standalone version but just tried it - it works fine in the standalone but the plugin has this problem in all hosts I've tried so far (Kore 2, Reaper, Cantabile). Yes it affects the knobs too - hadn't tried that before as I use the Kore controller for knobs usually.

btw it's only affecting the 32 bit version (in 32 bit hosts) - not the 64 bit version (in 64 bit hosts) - they are both version no 2.20. Since my system is 64 bit I wonder if there is a relationship?

Mouse-wheel issue with 32-bit Windows VSTs has been found and fixed; thanks for reporting this. I'll get a Shift 2.2.1 update built and - unless any other issues crop up in the meantime - released tomorrow. Thanks!

Shift 2.2.1 for Windows is now available - download it here. This release fixes a few issues exclusive to the Windows version; Mac OS X and Linux builds remain on 2.2.0. Download the update here.
  • Mouse-wheel now works correctly in the Windows 32-bit VST plug-in.
  • RTAS plug-in is now installed to the correct directory on a 64-bit Windows system.
Less than 24 hours from bug first reported to released update: not bad by anyone's standards!

CPB wrote:Less than 24 hours from bug first reported to released update: not bad by anyone's standards!
:tu: It's just too bad that there aren't any awards for that.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “Loomer”