Aspect 1.7.10 out now: Undo / Redo; Mono Legato; Envelope Triggers; Linux 64-bit

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
KVRist
62 posts since 3 Oct, 2006 from Australia

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:09 am

You got it. If everything works to relative paths - i.e. all your products look inside the install folder for any necessary data / config files etc - then we're right. ;)

KVRAF

Topic Starter

2239 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:28 am

OK, that's certainly very do-able. I'd rather get this right first time than push out another release that not quite there: would you be happy to receive a beta with these changes to ensure they do what they are supposed to do? (It may not be this week though: I've a few other high priority items that really need my attention.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

KVRist
62 posts since 3 Oct, 2006 from Australia

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:33 am

Sending you an email ... thanks, Colin!

KVRAF
8980 posts since 28 May, 2005 from Netherneverlands

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:02 am

Unfortunately the pdf manual of Aspect has the same typographical issues as the manual of String. Will these be fixed too in a next release?

And it would also be a nice improvement if the pdf manual has chapter links with the index :)

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:06 am

Short answer: yes, (although it may not be in the immediate next version, because there could be a sneaky little 1.7.2 release out sometime shortly...)

And I'll see what I can do regarding PDF links: I'd have thought that the PDF creator would have done this automatically, seeing as it generates the table of contents.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

KVRist
32 posts since 25 Apr, 2005

Post Wed May 04, 2011 8:31 am

love the update. especially the mono modes. maybe a duophonic mode would be nice as well? (notepitch1 and notepitch2).

and I got an idea, maybe it would be nice if the pulsewidth modulation can double up as phase modulation if you're not using a pulse. Or is this too messy?

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Wed May 04, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks!
maybe a duophonic mode would be nice as well? (notepitch1 and notepitch2).
Already on the to-do list, and very nearly included in the last update, so I'd be confident in this appearing at some point. I'm a big fan of duophonic synths: you can do some really nice duophonic stuff in String by setting Layer 1 to Monophonic Low, and Layer 2 to Monophonic High.
pulsewidth modulation can double up as phase modulation.
The oscillator section does need a 'do-over' at some point - I've had lots of requests regarding improvements for them - so I'll be sure to bear this suggestion in mind. In theory, it sounds like a good idea...

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue May 10, 2011 6:34 am

Aspect 1.7.4 for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux is now available. This release add the following fixes and features:
  • Fix for crash (on both Windows and Linux) that could occur when 'space' is pressed when confirming the overwrite preset dialog.
  • VU meters now automatically reset their overload status after a few seconds.
  • Preset Browser is now maximized to fill the entire plug-in window.
  • For Windows VST (32-bit and 64-bit), the preferences file can be placed alongside the DLL file to facilitate USB or portable installs.
  • Clearer font in PDF documentation.
Download Aspect 1.7.4 here.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:07 am

Aspect 1.7.6 for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux is now available. This minor release adds the following improvements:
  • Native 64-bit VST plug-in for Mac OS X (64-bit VST support requires Mac OS X 10.6 or greater; 64-bit Audio Unit requires Mac OS X 10.5 or greater; all other formats require Mac OS X 10.4 or greater.)
  • Preset searches are now multi-threaded. Preset browser can now immediately respond to user interaction, even whilst searching a massive preset library, or when browsing a folder containing a large number of presets.
  • Preset meta data (ie, author name, notes, tags) is now correctly displayed after loading an .FXP based preset or restoring a saved project.
  • Vastly improved CPU usage when recalculating DSP graph as a result of realtime re-wiring of a modular preset.
  • Standalone application tempo can now be set to within two decimal places of accuracy.
  • Fix for GUI freeze that could occur in certain Mac OS X VST hosts.
  • Fix for LFOs being incorrectly reset every four bars when using the standalone application.
  • Fix for minor issue which caused a changed preset to temporarily be reverted to its original state when previewing presets via the browser.
Download Aspect 1.7.6 here. Thanks!

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:17 am

It seems like a rogue bug managed to slip under the radar in Aspect 1.7.6. I'd recommend anyone who downloaded it to update to Aspect 1.7.7

This release fixes a critical bug in Aspect 1.7.6's audio synthesis engine which caused certain presets to sometimes have a transient gliding pitch at the beginning of a note. Which did admittedly add a certain flair to presets, but is, none-the-less, a bug which needed to be fixed!

Download Aspect 1.7.7 here.

KVRian
1099 posts since 31 Aug, 2007 from wales

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:12 pm

couldn't work out what was wrong :/

thanks

dave

KVRian
1479 posts since 24 Apr, 2002 from New Orleans, LA

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:58 am

Thanks for the updates! I love this synth :love:

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:16 am

I'm pleased to announce Aspect 1.7.9 is now available for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux

This release adds the following improvements:
  • (Windows) Fixed incredibly rare crash which may occur when first opening the plug-in on certain 32-bit VST Windows hosts.
  • Massively improved speed and responsiveness of all UI controls.
  • Improved CPU usage when tweaking parameters from a hardware controller.
  • (Windows) For the Windows VST plug-in, when using a relative path of "." for the presets folder, the path is now relative to the plug-in's DLL file and not the host's executable file. This makes it possible to easily create a portable or USB stick install of Aspect.
  • Standalone versions now support multiple simultaneous hardware controllers.
  • (Linux) User presets are now displayed in alphabetical order in the preset browser.
  • (Linux) Improved UI font selection means that a more appropriate font is often used in any Linux distributions which provide only a small selection of default fonts.
  • Fixed an issue where the OK button in the save preset browser would temporarily become disabled when switching from the Factory presets selection.
  • Various minor compatibility fixes for certain hosts.
Download Aspect 1.7.6 here. Thanks!

KVRAF
5712 posts since 11 Feb, 2005 from Bordeaux France

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:55 am

hem.. no LV2 yet ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:50 am

No, I'm afraid LV2 support is just not yet completed. With other higher priority issues taking up massive amounts of development time, LV2 plug-in support got pushed to the back burner for the time being. I'd like to get back to it soon: it wasn't a million miles away from completion - they're certainly usable internally (I know, because I do!) - but just not in a releasable state. Besides which, the main call for LV2 format plug-ins was rendered slightly moot by Mike at linuxdsp coding native VST support into Ardour 3 ( http://ardour.org/node/4658 )

I wouldn't like to publicly commit to an LV2 format release date, but all I can say for sure is that it won't be before the next product's release: a date which hopefully isn't too far away!

Return to “Loomer”