Beta Testers Wanted (Windows / Linux)

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

We're shortly going to be entering beta with a new product, and are looking to find some enthusiastic people who would like to get early access. In exchange for a free licence: you would put the product through its paces; report any bugs you find; and offer suggestions for improvements.

If you've tested beta software before, and if you're familiar with our current product line, all the better, but it's certainly not necessary.

We're doing fine in terms of Mac OS X testers, so it is really Windows or Linux - both 32-bit and 64-bit users - who we are looking to recruit.

If you'd like to help us build a better product: contact me - either via PM or email, letting me know what platforms and hosts you can test on, any beta testing you've done before, and any additional information we may find relevant. I apologize in advance because I won't be able to individually reply to each submission; from past experience I know that opening up a beta to the public results in a huge influx of correspondence. So thanks in advance all who apply, and sorry to those who didn't get a place this time.

(Existing beta team need not apply again: you're still on the beta list and will be receiving your copies when beta testing officially starts in a few weeks.)

And sorry for the lack of concrete information regarding the product; unfortunately, and for the near future, it needs to be kept tightly under wraps. All I can say is, it'll be worth the wait!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks so much for everyone who has applied so far. The arduous task of sorting through the applications will happen early next week; I'll let people know gets in shortly after that. ( At this point, it's more or less entirely random who will get beta-access because the vast majority of applicants seem similarly experienced and enthusiastic. I only wish we had the resources to manage a larger beta-test group! )

Thanks again everyone.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

We're still a little light in terms of Windows RTAS testers, so any beta-tester-wannabees who use Pro Tools on Windows, feel free to hit me up with an application. (And thanks again to all the folks who've applied: you're all good people!)

Sorry everyone, we're a little behind on this: I decided to try and get 64-bit Mac VST support in for this beta (as opposed to getting the beta out first, and then polishing off 64-bit Mac VST support to debut in the String 1.3 release). As usual with these things, Mac 64-bit VST support wasn't quite the cakewalk I anticipated, so we're a little behind schedule. Beta emails should be going out this week.

Thanks all for your patience in this matter!

CPB wrote:Sorry everyone, we're a little behind on this: I decided to try and get 64-bit Mac VST support in for this beta (as opposed to getting the beta out first, and then polishing off 64-bit Mac VST support to debut in the String 1.3 release). As usual with these things, Mac 64-bit VST support wasn't quite the cakewalk I anticipated, so we're a little behind schedule. Beta emails should be going out this week.

Thanks all for your patience in this matter!
You know I'm happy to hear the words '64-bit OSX VST support' here Colin... even if it has been more of a pita than you thought! ;)

Thanks Alan: I can fire off a String 1.3 beta build tomorrow (Tuesday, UK time) if you wouldn't mind giving the 64-bit Mac VST plug-in a quick test run. Funny story: spent all day (and then some) looking into an obscure bug that (probably) turns out to be a bug in the way Mac OS X 10.5 handles 64-bit Objective-C code.

CPB wrote:Thanks Alan: I can fire off a String 1.3 beta build tomorrow (Tuesday, UK time) if you wouldn't mind giving the 64-bit Mac VST plug-in a quick test run. Funny story: spent all day (and then some) looking into an obscure bug that (probably) turns out to be a bug in the way Mac OS X 10.5 handles 64-bit Objective-C code.
Would be happy to Colin.

Last quote I heard from someone on Objective-C was 'It's very unforgiving'.

So, any hint for this new product ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Return to “Loomer”