Cumulus CM

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, great, thanks for the update. I'll make a note to give Cumulus a proper testing in Qtractor under Gnome 64-bit when I get a spare moment - probably sometime after I get LV2 support finished - and see if there is anything I can do to improve stability in this situation.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

CPB wrote:@Jeeez - So basically you wanted to be able to 'scrub' a marker across the sample? You can't currently do that, but it's probably quite an easy feature to implement ('Follow Marker' option per Scene?). Consider that also added to the to-do list.
A HUGE +1 for this feature, please!!!

Being able to manually set the "marker" values (start/end) and having a decent sized "bar" to grab with a mouse, AND/OR to be able to select the "bar" (*scrub* feature) and use the left/right ARROW KEYS... AND/OR, a *slider* or *knob* dedicated to that "bar/scrub" function, which is MIDI assignable, would be bliss.

Either of the latter is preferable to me, as you don't have to be concerned about slipping-off of the bar with your mouse.

Going to check BN today to see if CM #170 has come in yet, as I am REALLY excited to try this...

ATB
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Yes, OK, seems like a sensible approach; I've added it to the feature request. Thanks for the suggestion!

For the sake of research, is anyone else aware of another app that uses the keyboard to scrub across a waveform? I'd be interested to see how well this works...
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

CPB wrote:Yes, OK, seems like a sensible approach; I've added it to the feature request. Thanks for the suggestion!

For the sake of research, is anyone else aware of another app that uses the keyboard to scrub across a waveform? I'd be interested to see how well this works...
Thank you for listening. 8)

I added this bit:

AND/OR, a *slider* or *knob* dedicated to that "bar/scrub" function, which is MIDI assignable, would be bliss.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Yes, that would be good actually. MIDI resolution is a little coarse for direct sample indexing, so I'd have to do some intelligent interpolation or inertia modeling to let you make both grand, sweeping gestures, as well as finely grained adjustments. But I can see this being a really nice addition, thanks!

nive idea !
I will surely buy a "pro" version too.

best,
Damien

Got CM 171 with Cumulus today. Enjoying it for a couple of hours already. Good work, Loomer!

UPD: and yeah, I too second the polyphony and scrubbing requests above :)

CPB wrote:- probably sometime after I get LV2 support finished -
Indeed... this is mandatory.. :D
You can't always get what you waaaant...

CPB wrote:Once you have the archive from the CM DVD however, all further updates will be downloadable.
Is there update for the CM version and from where can I download it? I immediately bought the CM170. Great plugin. :)

There is no update yet, but it is being worked on. When Cumulus 1.1 is ready, which according to our big development roadmap is likely to be early next year, you'll preferably be able to download the update from our website. It'll also be available on the cover-mounted DVD of Computer Music, for those who don't want to download it.

I confirm the problem with Qtractor : sync to host is not working, stop is not working. No problem with Ardour Beta1a.

Noted, thanks. I suspect it's likely to be Qtractor not providing VST transport info, but I haven't yet managed to find the spare time to investigate. I'll see if I can squeeze this into this week's development schedule: no promises though!

I suspect the same. Not a big problem for me...

Btw I had to wait one month in order to receive CM 171 ! 14 days for dispatching a wrong magazine (Computer Arts), 5 minutes to protest and another 14 days to receive CM. But it's really worth waiting. Cumulus is a really good piece of software, and as usual with Loomer the presets are top !

I don't know what you have in project, but an advanced step sequencer with odd metrics and harmony control would be awesome from you (in my view).

Thanks stanlea, glad you're enjoying Cumulus!
stanlea wrote:advanced step sequencer with odd metrics and harmony control would be awesome from you.
What if it was also modular, and contained a huge number of building blocks (logic gates, counters, mathematical operations, bit shifters, shift registers) for building generative or new types of sequencing structures? And maybe lua scripting? And what about something akin to Ableton's scenes, but being able to modulate switching of them too? Why, I think you're onto something here! ;) (All shall be revealed soon...)

and don't forget the tacoes...

Return to “Loomer”