Just found out about Aspect thanks to ATS!

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
KVRAF
8965 posts since 3 Feb, 2003 from Finland, Espoo

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:24 pm

.. and what an incredible sounding synth! How on earth how I never heard of your company? I just downloaded the demos of all your stuff. I'm definitely buying Aspect as soon as I have a chance. This is pure awesomeness.

Only thing disturbing me is the difficult modulation options. Why on earth can't we simply have bi-polar options for the LFO and a simple way of doing negative modulations? Using the inverters and such is a real PITA.

This has potential to become a classic if more people heard about it! Damn I'm impressed. Right up my alley this thing. :D

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

KVRian
1163 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Welcome to the gang Mr Manic! :)

KVRAF
3495 posts since 19 Aug, 2008 from USA-lien In the 8th Dimention

Post Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:50 pm

:tu:
Check out Cumulus and Sequent, as well! Welcome to the family(said w/ bad God Father accent :hihi: )

KVRAF
2239 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:15 am

Thanks bmanic, glad you're liking Aspect.
bmanic wrote:Only thing disturbing me is the difficult modulation options. Why on earth can't we simply have bi-polar options for the LFO and a simple way of doing negative modulations?
I'm already on the case: it's coming in the next Aspect update. Modulation, LFOS, and signal flow routing are all getting a major rehaul. Now is the time to get in those modulation feature requests!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:22 am

Just awesome!!!

Here is an idea: Instead of the cryptic (ON,OFF) buttons below each target, forcing the user to click it to see what modulation is used in any of the 3 slots, why not abbreviate each modulator somehow? So it could say (VEL, PTCH, ENV2) instead? This way we could immediately see at a glance what modulator sources are in use.

This might be a bit too much work though as you need some new graphic elements.

If it's possible, I'd like to modulate an LFO's rate with stuff (mainly other LFO's and envelopes). This seems to be missing which is a quite standard feature.

Cheers!
bManic

KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:27 am

Yes, this is along the lines of what is planned. I don't want to reveal too much (mainly because it is far from finalized, and I don't want to end up announcing features and changes that ultimately get cut), but: the modulation views are going, and all modulations for a destination will be visible at once. Plus there will be a lot more modulation sources, and a couple more modulation destinations too!

You should be able modulate the LFO rate already, although in the current version, only a non-sync'd LFO. Use the modulation blocks to the right of the LFO rate controls.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

KVRAF
8980 posts since 28 May, 2005 from Netherneverlands

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:00 am

I agree, Aspect is an awesome sounding synth. I wish there where some more high quality presets available for it though. Maybe you could do some, mister bManic? :wink:

Ohh and also be sure to check out Loomer String for a wonderful sounding String Ensemble synth

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:13 am

I'm definitely buying Aspect. As soon as my credit card gets a new boost this month. :hihi:

.. and I'll be definitely creating presets as it's such an inspirational synth!
CPB wrote: You should be able modulate the LFO rate already, although in the current version, only a non-sync'd LFO. Use the modulation blocks to the right of the LFO rate controls.
Ah crap! Can't believe I missed that. Indeed, I kept trying to modulate it with Sync on.. then I thought it was the LFO amount instead of rate. Indeed it works very well when turning off sync. :oops:

Cheers!
bManic

KVRAF
5554 posts since 13 Feb, 2006 from Wiesmoor, Germany

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:40 am

Just downloaded the demo! Seems to be a great synth! Sounds definitely differnet than all the synths I already have.
I'll try to make some presets for it when I find the time :)
This will be challenging using the demo but it should be possible somehow :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

KVRAF
8980 posts since 28 May, 2005 from Netherneverlands

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:44 am

Bronto Scorpio wrote: I'll try to make some presets for it when I find the time :)
:tu:

KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:41 am

bmanic wrote:Can't believe I missed that. Indeed, I kept trying to modulate it with Sync on.. then I thought it was the LFO amount instead of rate. Indeed it works very well when turning off sync. :oops:
Hopefully the UI improvements in the update will help clarify little confusions like this.

Now if I only I can actually find the time to actually, you know, finish coding them! (Actually, after spending literally 10 straight hours, fueled only by ridiculous amounts of caffeine, taking timing measurements from several drum machines and hardware sequencers, and refining some critical swing generating code, working on Aspect will be a relative holiday! Once the new product is out, completing this major Aspect update will be the number one priority.)

KVRian
1099 posts since 31 Aug, 2007 from wales

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:43 pm

are you making a drumbox?

dave

KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Nope ;) Well, not yet anyway: I do have some ideas coming together for a really cool one at some point down the line though.

KVRAF
2147 posts since 10 Mar, 2006

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:31 pm

bmanic wrote:.. and what an incredible sounding synth! How on earth how I never heard of your company?
That's pretty wild man, as there have been a lot of Loomer topics.

Be sure to also check out Loomer String, it's simply cinematic! :wink:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

KVRian
1099 posts since 31 Aug, 2007 from wales

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:19 am

FR:

LFO/S&H to trigger envelopes please...

dave

Return to “Loomer”