Sale?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do Loomer do sales? I'm hoping for a Diamond Jubilee sale :)

We've not done a sale thus far, and to be honest have no plans for one in the near future. Sorry! I'm not ruling it out completely, but considering we do free updates - be it a major or minor release, have a very friendly cross-platform Windows / Mac OS X / Linux serial key based licensing system, it has just never made economic sense for us to drop the price.

However, we're mulling over the idea of a public-beta with a time-limited early adopter pricing discount for the next product. If this goes ahead and proves successful, it's more likely to be the pricing model we'll adopt for new products going forward.

( And I also think I've Jubilee fatigue: we had a trip to the London's Royal Academy Summer Exhibition on Monday, and I have never seen so much Union Flag bunting in my entire life! )
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

And would you consider an early-adopter-discount-public-alpha-discount ?

:) :)
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Each and everyone of their products are worth every single penny (and plenty more). They are very reasonably priced and offer outstanding customer support. I'm shocked that such a quality product backed by a great company exists at an amazing price. Still haven't figured out yet why I'm not hearing all of my favorite musicians say in interviews that they use your products.

CPB wrote:However, we're mulling over the idea of a public-beta with a time-limited early adopter pricing discount for the next product. If this goes ahead and proves successful, it's more likely to be the pricing model we'll adopt for new products going forward.
Interesting :D

Each and everyone of their products are worth every single penny (and plenty more). They are very reasonably priced and offer outstanding customer support. I'm shocked that such a quality product backed by a great company exists at an amazing price. Still haven't figured out yet why I'm not hearing all of my favorite musicians say in interviews that they use your products.
Sorry if i seem a bit pedantic or semantic, but there is quite a difference between "reasonably priced" and "an amazing price".
Loomer products are indeed "worth every single penny", and the price is not over-the-top or unaffordable, but i couldn't really say that the price is incredibly low, as the word "amazing" could suggest. If the price were the same but in $$ (instead of ££) and including VAT, i would have bought Sequent for a good while ;)
(For instance, 48£ + VAT is 91.50$, which is "not soooo steep", but not "amazing", at least for my wallet)

Thanks for the feedback; much appreciated! I try to keep pricing as fair as possible; whilst there are no plans to drop these prices, I do certainly take note when opinions are shared regarding them.

I've always felt that one price for a cross platform license, and absolutely no further upgrade charges is the fairest system on both us and purchasers. But if the masses favour other pricing structures (perhaps lower initial price, and then charge for upgrades?), I'm willing to listen.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I'm glad this honnest (and very own) point of view can help.
There is really nothing to say *against* your pricing policy : imho it is a fair one, and sometimes "boutique" doesn't mean "cheap" (by "boutique", i mean alternative, forward-thinking, independant, alternative, etc).
I just can say why i didn't bought any Loomer plugin yet ;)

On my personal scale,
- "no brainer / amazing low" is 5-29$ (Think : TOneBoosters bundle, Melda intro prices, some Sknote/DeLaMancha/AudioDamage plugins, etc) ;
- "Value for money" is 29-49$ : it is something i still can afford most of the time, what i'm ready to spend if the products appeals me, even if i already have loads of plugin, if there is some grat features and if i want to support the dev. That is the price for the more advanced Audio Damage or DeLaMancha plugins and instruments ;
- "Think about it twice / do i really need it / do i have the cash" is 49-99$ range : as it costs more than several hosts (Reaper, Ext2, etc), it is the price range i keep for tools with a very unique/specific feature. It has to be the only one and/or the best for a specific task. It is a price i can happily spend for a very advanced drumsampler, a killer modular synth, a great audio restoration suite (even if many restoration tools cost more than that, but that's another question), and it has to fill a missing place in my vst arsenal.

So, to get back to the Sequent example, as i already own AD BigSeq2, AtlantisFX and U-He Zebrify, i keep the demo on my HD and i'm enjoying it a lot (great GUI, amazing workflow, nice featureset, nice presets), but i am still holding on, as 90$ is what i hope to have to pay in 2018 when Live9 will come out :lol: . At a 39-49$ (yes, $$ and not ££, and including VAT) intro/group-buy price, i would have bought it since months ;).

I personnally don't care about multi-platform (even if i find great to have Linux vst !), and i was happy to pay Audio Damage 19$ when Kombinat DVA got released : i know R&D needs work, so i am glad to pay for it if it's worth it.
Reall, again, it is only my 2cents and i am not telling that one solution is better than another (for instance, i am glad to have free updates for Zebra or Uhbik !), just sharing my very own experience.

Thanks again for the detailed breakdown sinkmusic; I really appreciate this kind of feedback. Definitely a lot to bear in mind when it comes to pricing up the next few products.

If, by some miracle, timescales are actually met this year, we'll hopefully see the release of two v2.0 products, at which point I anticipate more people will come to love the free upgrade aspect of our pricing structure!

CPB wrote:If, by some miracle, timescales are actually met this year, we'll hopefully see the release of two v2.0 products, at which point I anticipate more people will come to love the free upgrade aspect of our pricing structure!
... You and Peter Saville Colin! :)

Return to “Loomer”