Reason Rack Extension

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
KVRer
16 posts since 6 Apr, 2011

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:03 pm

The programs here are great and I think that some, particularly String, would make great rack extensions for Propellerhead Reason. Are there any plans?

KVRAF
2239 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:29 am

Thanks Kenkv! As of now, we have nothing to announce regarding Reason Rack Extensions, other than to say we do have the SDK and this is under evaluation. It certainly won't be a for a while: we'd rather let the dust settle on the Re store, see how popular it proves to be long term, and then decide whether it makes financial sense for us to divert development resources from the more open formats to a proprietary one.

The fact that there is no way we can give existing users a gratis Rack Extension of a product (or even a discount) is also a factor: I'm not keen on, for example, charging an existing String user again simply because they choose to move their workflow to Reason.

So we'll see!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

KVRer

Topic Starter

16 posts since 6 Apr, 2011

Post Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:18 am

Thanks for the reply! I hope it does work out, I think you make great products. Good luck!

KVRer
19 posts since 10 Jun, 2012 from Fort Worth, Texas

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:59 pm

It would be great to have your stuff in Reason!

Return to “Loomer”