Aspect v2... will it have effects built in?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Colin, guys and gals.
I am quite new to the Loomer world, starting my Loomer collection ;)

I am demoing Aspect (great sound!) and wondering where are the effects!? Loomer seems to have many very cool effect algorithms going, but none in the flagship. A missed trick, or am I missing the point of the purity?

I am demoing Aspect (great sound!)
Thanks!

Aspect's lack of effect was a conscious decision, born out of discussions with many musicians and producers who complained that the overuse of effects in software synths made for presets which, although immediately stunning, were ultimately difficult to mix.

A lot of people seem to enjoy the purity of Aspect; a lot of other people would like to have the option to use built-in effects. Which is a long-winded way of saying, yes: there will be a small, tightly-integrated selection of effects in Aspect 2, although easily disabled by those who like the purity of the first version!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks for the info Colin. I DO like the purity of Aspect in that sense, but as you have many cool effects, and I generally add a tad of phaser or delay (at least) to many of my synths. I must admit I mostly buy synths that have some effects built in.

If someone such as myself was to buy Aspect now, would that someone need to pay for the upgrade to v2?

Thanks again
Simon

I love Aspect without effects, but I shall accept v2 with effects if the GUI doesn't require any more screen space than it already does :)

sqigls wrote:If someone such as myself was to buy Aspect now, would that someone need to pay for the upgrade to v2?
No, the upgrade would be free to all owners. So far we've never charged for upgrades - be they major or minor - and there are no plans to change this policy.
artfwo wrote:I love Aspect without effects, but I shall accept v2 with effects if the GUI doesn't require any more screen space than it already does.
That's the plan! Actually, to be specific: less tall, but slightly wider. Eventually, I hope to make the UI resizable anyway, although this is admittedly unlikely to be at launch.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

All sounds good to me :wink: but i do wonder, how do you improve this already perfect synth? :hihi:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote:All sounds good to me :wink: but i do wonder, how do you improve this already perfect synth? :hihi:
Put in more STUFFS! :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

One of my mates recommended Aspect to me recently... So I'm checking out the demo now. The sounds on the site are cool - right what I'd be into. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

@Robmobius

it's a proper oldschool synth
repays patient programming...
making the modulations visible
which is coming in v2
should make patching easier...

some morphable wavetables and
or user waveforms would be the dogs

;-)

i guess that's a feature request

dave

Cheers DD. I know what you mean, sometimes the old ones are the best when you just want to get some virtual wiggling in.

Damn tho', I think the filters are pretty nice on it. It has a nice warm sound too.

I'm surprised that I've not heard more of a buzz about it... Or maybe I've had my head buried for too long. :)

And the unisono switch was a nice discovery indeed (I'm too lazy to read manuals).

Cheers,

Rob.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Thanks Rob; I hope you enjoy your Aspect tour! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or feature requests for the next version.

Return to “Loomer”