Apple's development tools make it, at best, difficult to produce plug-ins which run on all flavours of Mac OS X. Recent framework updates have tipped this balance, now making it nigh-on impossible for us to produce plug-ins which run on everything from Mac OS X 10.4 to Mac OS X 10.8 (and theoretically, beyond). It makes no sense to limit features available to the broader group of Mac OS X 10.8+ users, in lieu of the one or two who still use Mac OS X 10.4.
I intend to make this as painless as possible for Mac OS X 10.4 users:
- A final round of Mac OS X 10.4 compatible updates will be released which will fix those last minor outstanding host specific bugs, as well as ensuring support in all plug-ins for the most requested feature: inline editing of parameters.
- These releases will always be available to registered users, on request.
- PPC based architecture will still be supported for Mac OS X 10.5 users. Anyone still on Mac OS X 10.4 can upgrade if they want to keep receiving updates.
- We'll continue support for users with plug-ins running on Mac OS X 10.4. If you have issues or problems, the support lines are still open.
- Any further bugs which turn-up in these Mac OS X 10.4 compatible releases will be considered for fixes. I can't make any firm guarantees or promises, but in the unlikely event of some show-stopping bugs I will do what I can to ensure you can still use your plug-ins.