Aspect 2 angst

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh how cooool would Aspect 2 be if it where turned into a semi-modular with.. CABLES :hyper: :pray: :wheee:

That and onboard chorus and delay of course :) Maybe a little sequencer too?

Oh and a +1 for FM between oscs.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Other than the cables request, I think Aspect 2 will cover all your other wishes. (And I think I have a clearer system than cables planned for routing anyway, so you sure won't miss them!)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

:wheee:

colin@loomer wrote:Other than the cables request, I think Aspect 2 will cover all your other wishes. (And I think I have a clearer system than cables planned for routing anyway, so you sure won't miss them!)
Sounds very good Colin. You make me very curious now about the modulation system..

Cables aren't the most convenient way to work with perhaps, but always a joy to look at (imho) :)
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

canihasitnowprettyplease???

dave

Nielzie wrote:Cables aren't the most convenient way to work with perhaps, but always a joy to look at (imho) :)
Totally in agreement here: virtual cables work fantastically well for some things, just not so well for others. I did evaluate cables, but rather than aiding patch understanding in Aspect's case, it just made it much more difficult to follow.

Still; plenty of cable-based fun coming in forthcoming Loomer products, so you'll all still get your cable wants served!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

angst

What's the story morning glory?

How goes it Col? Fingers numb and your eyes square?
Hope the summer is treating you well.

sqigls wrote::wheee:
LOL!!:D

Freaking out?
Shoulda seen me yesterday...nothing Aspect related though, so back to
sqigls wrote::wheee:
LOL!!!:D

on the wowie sauce eh!? ;)

good times, good times

...damn i'm keen for an Aspect 2 beta.
I've stopped writing patches for v1 in anticipation.
The GUI and sound of v1 is great, but the routing setup stops me from reaching for Aspect when I'm writing a track. So keen for some user-friendly modulation. I can generally grasp the 'modular-speak' adding, multiplying etc (after consulting my rocket surgery handbook), but I'm hoping v2 will be a whole lot simpler.

true, the modular implementation could be better. I think we'll see this addressed pretty well with Aspect 2.
I'm hoping for some internal oversampling to open up the top end a bit, but in general its the sound and low CPU that make Aspect awesome!

good suggestion RE: oversampling.
I have become fond of the rounded sound of Aspect tho.
then again, i would be happy to use a bit more CPU to get a higher resolution. Aspect is just so good on the CPU, even if it doubles i could still run a hundred of them in a track.

Colin must be in the THICK of it!

No news is good news eh?!

True! We know he falls into the rare 'hard-working-nice-guy-dev' category that we all love so much!
I suggested an optional oversampling mode to Colin a while back, something similar to ACE and Diva's selectable quality modes. He said probably not this revision, but he was playing with some oversampling algo's with great results.

So we might find he does include oversampling as standard (not optional), and that it won't be too tough on the old CPU! So we hope....:D

BTW, the pulse osc on Aspect is just great. Love it! The new 101 emu's from LuSH and TAL have a similar vibe, but Aspect did it first. Very grunty. :D

Return to “Loomer”