LV2 for Linux

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Colin, I know I've asked about this before, and I know the focus right now is on the product formerly known as Epoch, but how are things going for LV2? I'm about to start a new project in Ardour 3 using some midi stuff, and an Aspect LV2 would be awesome to have. If there's anything that I can help test please let me know! Thanks!

LV2 will be getting the attention it deserves once the new product is beta. From memory, I believe I had LV2 support basically working aside from transport syncing, so I don't anticipate it taking too long (famous last words!) Once I've had time to get back into LV2, I'll absolutely take you up on that offer to test: much appreciated, thanks!

If I find a little spare time this week, I'll see if I can get a realistic take on how much LV2 work is left outstanding. Perhaps it makes sense to combine LV2 support with the changes I've been making for AAX support.

As an aside, Ardour 3 does now host native Linux VST plug-ins; Mike from LinuxDSP added support with VeSTige a while back. And they run stably and reliably in this environment too (or, at least most do: I did introduce an Arbour specific bug in the last release of Sequent. A fixed build is currently being independently tested, with an aim to make public next week. The other plug-ins should all be fine though.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks for the update. I'll see if I can get the vst stuff configured in the mean time.

Hi,

I'm running ardour3 and Aspect works flawlessly. I installed ardour from the arch linux repos, so I didn't have any additional configuration to do.
Stephen

I'm running Ubuntu Studio. Do you know if I can install packages from the Arch repository? I had a look around and couldn't find much information. Maybe I'll try out an Arch install on another partition.

I doubt if the arch packages will work because arch doesn't use .apt

However, have you tried the KXStudio PPAs? They should be fully compatible with ubuntu and ardour3 is available here:

https://launchpad.net/~kxstudio-team/+archive/ppa

For general info on the KXStudio repos visit http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/KXStudio:Repositories
Stephen

I do have the KXStudio repositories set up. Lots of great stuff in there. I'm not sure if their version of ardour3 is flagged to build with vst support though. I installed their latest from synaptic and I'm not seeing any new vst folders showing up anywhere.

Return to “Loomer”