String 1.14.13 (now with AAX Native 64-bit support)

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
colin@loomer
KVRAF
1959 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:02 am

It's been lingering in public beta for a while, so I think it's about time to make the release official: String 1.14.13 is now available for download for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux.

String is a virtual instrument that emulates the beautiful sound of the polyphonic string synthesizer. String's authentic tone comes from its accurate emulation of the divide-down oscillator technology behind the lush ensemble synths of the 70s.

Changes:
  • (new) AAX 64-bit Native plug-ins for Windows and Mac OS X.
  • (fix) Fixed issue where MIDI learnt parameters could be forgotten when reloading String.
  • (improvement) Significantly improved UI response speed; reduced CPU usage when parameters are automated whilst the UI is open.
Download the update and demo from www.loomer.co.uk.

Note that anyone who is using the previous public beta, I would recommend updating because this release fixes an issue with the beta which could cause hung notes on layer 2 in certain filter routing configurations.

Thanks!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Saw
KVRist
271 posts since 20 Sep, 2006

Re: String 1.14.13 (now with AAX Native 64-bit support)

Post Thu May 21, 2020 11:19 pm

Hi,

any news for macOS 10.15 Catalina fix for String standalone?
Thanks in advance!

colin@loomer
KVRAF
1959 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Re: String 1.14.13 (now with AAX Native 64-bit support)

Post Fri May 22, 2020 12:05 am

Saw wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:19 pm
Hi,

any news for macOS 10.15 Catalina fix for String standalone?
Thanks in advance!
Working on it. I'm hoping to find a little time after the forthcoming Architect release to go through and get updates for these other products out.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”