!Epoch, for the next 4 years

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lnikj wrote:Nah ... my phone can blow that out of the water Colin.
:hihi: :hihi: :lol: :lol:

bungle wrote:
Is this what passes for humour in your strange little world, poor poor thing.
it's funny .... but it would be even funnier if it wasn't such a sad indictment of the kind of utter drivel you are capable of spewing.

stay butthurt :tu:

colin@loomer wrote:The panel area is where you (optionally) create a user interface for your patch. Here's something I'm working on - shown as an example of the interface editor, rather than as an example of a particularly stylish interface.

<snip> We're in edit mode here <snip>

how does it look when it's not in edit mode ? can we reduce the plugin GUI to just the created interface (or very close to that), if there is a created interface for the patch ?

Yes. You can hide the other tool windows away, and have only the panel view present. If you're not building your own patches, instead preferring to use ones created by others, you may never need to look at the graph view. Likewise, if you're not sequencing things, you can ignore the timeline view; and if you don't want to host plug-ins, you can ignore the mixer view.

In the case of that cellular arp, with the UI locked, it looks like this. (Again, emphasis here that this is an example of what a panel looks like, and absolutely not the peak of custom interface design that is possible with a competent graphic designer!)

Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:Yes. You can hide the other tool windows away, and have only the panel view present. If you're not building your own patches, instead preferring to use ones created by others, you may never need to look at the graph view. Likewise, if you're not sequencing things, you can ignore the timeline view; and if you don't want to host plug-ins, you can ignore the mixer view.

In the case of that cellular arp, with the UI locked, it looks like this. (Again, emphasis here that this is an example of what a panel looks like, and absolutely not the peak of custom interface design that is possible with a competent graphic designer!)

very, very kool 8)

loins heaving.

Anyone planning any celebrations to mark the 6th birthday of the original thread on Tuesday?
Colin, is it about time for the next prediction of release times? Just for fun, obviously we're long past taking any dates with any seriousness :D
(no complaint from me, just amusement and anticipation :hug: )

After colin@loomer wrote:
I still hope to make a release before the clocks strike 2018, but it really depends on how much I get done over the Christmas season.

and again nothing happens
My celebration could be thinking about closing this vapor thread on Tuesday, I really do not want to be involved in this anymore.
After four years it was still a joke for me but now after six years allways the same bla bla.
Sorry, but does some one knew the german word „verarscht“?

Infidels repent !!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

zarf wrote:Anyone planning any celebrations to mark the 6th birthday of the original thread on Tuesday?
Colin, is it about time for the next prediction of release times? Just for fun, obviously we're long past taking any dates with any seriousness :D
(no complaint from me, just amusement and anticipation :hug: )
Birthday seems the wrong term though, considering my ability to hit release date estimations. 6th unbirthday, perhaps?

In seriousness though, more bugs/inconsistencies came out of the last round of testing than I'd have hoped. According to my change database, over 100 suggestions and issues have been fixed in the past few weeks alone. You've all waited long enough, so a little more won't hurt if it means it's that little bit closer to perfect.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

How many issues are left to fix?

Depends on which ones are actually worth fixing now - some are suggestions that I just don't agree with and probably won't change - and which ones can be bumped to post 1.0. I'd say about 100 need attention, maybe a bit less, but these range from the absolutely trivial: making sure the name of a module inlet matches the property name where a property name has changed; to the no-quite-so-trivial (because they may suggest that an item needs a design tweak), such as: selecting and moving items in the dashboard when building a custom UI can be fiddly when the components are children of other components.

For your information though, this was down to 9 items to fix as of late last year, so the issue count has historically, alas, gone up as well as down. I don't necessarily expect to get it to 0 before I open Architect up to a wider public, though.

Daags wrote:
bungle wrote:
Is this what passes for humour in your strange little world, poor poor thing.
it's funny .... but it would be even funnier if it wasn't such a sad indictment of the kind of utter drivel you are capable of spewing.

stay butthurt :tu:
Your intelligence astounds, stay clever.
Duh

starla* wrote:How many issues are left to fix?
35 billion :hihi:

.... issues have been fixed already.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Theres only 1 issue left to resolve..........distributon ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Anniversary Celebration!
On This Day in 2012....
the first !Epoch thread was started!

:smack: :band: :harp: :clap: :violin: :bang: :band2:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “Loomer”