Manifold & Resound 1.7.1 beta (New UI; AAX64-bit; new preset browser)

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
User avatar
KVRian
1171 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Post Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:47 pm

colin@loomer wrote:... just looking into another potential issue (although the problem may be located between the keyboard and chair, as they say), but I'm holding off on posting an update until I've confirmed this. Keeping in mind the miniscule changes that've made it to 1.7.2, I'm sure you can all survive with incorrect AU parameter displays on Push2 for another evening.
All good Colin, it may take me a while to come to a decision regarding AU v VST anyway! :)

KVRAF

Topic Starter

2253 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:50 pm

I've uploaded Manifold and Resound 1.7.2 for Mac OS X to the same folder as before. This fixes the issue with non-sensical values being shown for highpass and lowpass when using the Audio Unit versions. Because this change doesn't affect the Windows or Linux builds, they stay at version 1.7.2.

Manifold for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux can be found here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Whilst Resound, again for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Thanks!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

User avatar
KVRian
1171 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:20 am

Hi Colin,

The new AU's are working as expected (0-100% range showing on P2's Devices display).

I was wondering (and this was my other request on my initial reply) if it would be possible to add the Hz suffix to these Filter parameters (in the same way as Volume displays dB after the parameter value) on the VST version? This should be possible (I'm seeing these [ Hz ] included in Slate Digital VSTs for example).

[ My 'VST v AU dilemma' is solved... I'm going with VST (Accurate HP/LP values win over 'Pretty Knobs'! :)

Cheers,

Alan

KVRAF

Topic Starter

2253 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:48 am

Of course; I'll take a look tomorrow and see what I can do for you!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

User avatar
KVRian
1171 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:46 pm

colin@loomer wrote:Of course; I'll take a look tomorrow and see what I can do for you!
You're a star Colin, many thanks :)

Looking forward to seeing these updates in the others.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

2253 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:17 am

taoyoyo wrote: I was wondering (and this was my other request on my initial reply) if it would be possible to add the Hz suffix to these Filter parameters (in the same way as Volume displays dB after the parameter value) on the VST version? This should be possible (I'm seeing these [ Hz ] included in Slate Digital VSTs for example).
I've just checked in a few VST hosts, and they seem to be showing the Hz /kHz suffix when displaying the parameter values. In which scenarios are they not visible?

Looking through the VST spec I have noticed that I can explicitly specify a unit label for a parameter, so I probably just need to implement this. If you can let me know in which cases the suffixes are missing, I can check to see if such a change corrects the omission.

Thanks!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

User avatar
KVRian
1171 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:20 am

colin@loomer wrote: I've just checked in a few VST hosts, and they seem to be showing the Hz /kHz suffix when displaying the parameter values. In which scenarios are they not visible?

Looking through the VST spec I have noticed that I can explicitly specify a unit label for a parameter, so I probably just need to implement this. If you can let me know in which cases the suffixes are missing, I can check to see if such a change corrects the omission.

Thanks!
Hi Colin,

I've just checked in Maschine 2.4 and Ableton Live 9.5 / 9.6b1 with the latest VST builds (64 bit).

The Hz suffix for HP/LP in Resound/Manifold:

1) is displaying on the Maschine Studio controller perfectly.

2) In Live (both builds) the Hz suffix does appear in the Device Configuration Box (on screen) but doesn't display at all on Push 2. (It just reads '45.05'). There is room on the parameter in P2 for it to display and all of the other suffixes are showing up (%, dB, ms etc), just not for the HP/LP Hz.

Not sure if this would be an issue at Ableton's end (if it is I can report it) or if there's something 'different' about the Hz parameters in Resound/Manifold. Weird.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

2253 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:41 am

That is weird. I guess - and this is just a guess - that it could be due to the whole exposing as % issue, but I can't see how or why that would affect the VST version: it should only affect the Audio Unit.

Or, it could be due to the fact that the unit switches between Hz and kHz when the value goes over 1.0kHz. I could make it always be in Hz, but I feel that switching over to kHz as appropriate is a little bit neater. And I think that Ableton's built-ins (such as Operator) do this as well.

I could try making a few tweaks, but I'll largely be fumbling in the dark, so perhaps it would be better to mention the issue to team Ableton and see if they can illuminate us. They do have NRF licences of all the Loomer plug-ins, and obviously I'm on hand to make changes and suggestions as they see fit.

(Also, seeing as this is largely a cosmetic issue, if it looks like it could be an ongoing thing, I'll probably release the current 1.7 builds officially, and then look to get this fixed in a minor update a few days afterwards.)

Thanks!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

User avatar
KVRAF
1647 posts since 12 Dec, 2012 from Switzerland

Post Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:47 am

Always glad to realize that developer still support "old" plugins. Looking forward to the Manifold update. Thanks for your effort.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

KVRAF

Topic Starter

2253 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:50 am

I've made these releases official: Manifold 1.7.3 and Resound 1.7.3 are now available. Thanks for the feedback and testing everyone. If any other niggling issues creep out of the woodwork - as they always tend to do within days of releasing things! - I'll aim to get fixes up ASAP.

(Version 1.7.3 adds some trivial cosmetic changes to pop-up menus in order to bring things into line with a certain soon-to-be-released new product. If you've already downloaded a 1.7 build, it's probably not worth your time updating.)

The next product to have a cosmetic overhaul to a resizable UI will be Sequent, coming soon...
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

User avatar
KVRian
1171 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:09 am

colin@loomer wrote:That is weird. I guess - and this is just a guess - that it could be due to the whole exposing as % issue, but I can't see how or why that would affect the VST version: it should only affect the Audio Unit.

Or, it could be due to the fact that the unit switches between Hz and kHz when the value goes over 1.0kHz. I could make it always be in Hz, but I feel that switching over to kHz as appropriate is a little bit neater. And I think that Ableton's built-ins (such as Operator) do this as well.

I could try making a few tweaks, but I'll largely be fumbling in the dark, so perhaps it would be better to mention the issue to team Ableton and see if they can illuminate us. They do have NRF licences of all the Loomer plug-ins, and obviously I'm on hand to make changes and suggestions as they see fit.

(Also, seeing as this is largely a cosmetic issue, if it looks like it could be an ongoing thing, I'll probably release the current 1.7 builds officially, and then look to get this fixed in a minor update a few days afterwards.)

Thanks!
Hi Colin, sorry for the late reply (shit kicked off with work stuff) and I missed this post!

I'll bring the issue up with Ableton and see what they say... okay to take this to email after?

(I'm wondering if there is something 'different' about how Live handles this kind of thing... not quite the same, but similar is that all u-he VSTs all display a 'unit' suffix to parameters in Live but don't in Maschine).

KVRAF

Topic Starter

2253 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:30 am

No worries; trust all is well with you? And yes, by all emails switch to email if you'd prefer.

As for why Live does this sort of thing: who knows?! Unless I'm missing something obvious, a plug-in simply exports a textual description of a parameter's current value; why Live would go to the trouble of parsing this and stripping out the suffix is odd. That said, I can almost entirely guarantee that I am missing something and the problem will be in my code, so I'll go easy to team Ableton this time!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

KVRian
873 posts since 2 May, 2005

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:37 am

colin@loomer wrote:The next product to have a cosmetic overhaul to a resizable UI will be Sequent, coming soon...
that would be great... :tu:

User avatar
KVRAF
3495 posts since 19 Aug, 2008 from USA-lien In the 8th Dimention

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:38 am

colin@loomer wrote:I'll be releasing these officially in a few days, but seeing as a handful of other people already have them, I can't see any harm in letting the good folks at KVR in on the early access too.

These new builds add most of the requested features and changes to Manifold and Resound, such as:
- New sleek, clean-looking, resizable interface.
- AAX64 plug-in support for Windows and Mac OS X.
- Streamlined preset browser.
- Presets can now be added to a 'Favourites' list.
- Filter values are now in Hz, as opposed to %.
- Rotarys can be clicked and edited via numeric entry for even finer control.
- Fixes an issue with installation halting on the latest Mac OS X.
- Various host compatibility fixes.

Manifold's new UI looks like this:
Image

Whilst Resound, like so:
Image

And the dark themed preset browser, here:
Image

I'm looking to release officially later this week, so any small requests or updates will certainly be considered before then.

Manifold for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux can be found here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Whilst Resound, again for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing


Enjoy!
Thanks you, sir! I don't own either, but I'll still try the beta, posting issues here is good or send email, to support at Loomer? That UI, looks :love: :love: amazing!
Hope all is well, with Loomer and co. :)

KVRAF

Topic Starter

2253 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:37 pm

Thanks Scott. All is well with me; trust it is with you too?

Issues can either be posted here, emailed, or PM'd. If you want a quick answer, email is best because I'm likely to catch it sooner, but otherwise, any medium is fine.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”