Loomer cumulus

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I am having a problem with cumulus. When I use it in reaper I can make some nice loops etc but I cannot record the sound. I presume I'm not routing it right but I have tried many things and can't get it to work. It would be great if someone could give me some help.
Thanks
Pete

Am I correct in saying that his seems more like a Reaper issue than a Cumulus issue? Can other plug-ins be routed and recorded correctly? I've not used Reaper in a while, but the usual routine is to arm an audio track for recording, route the plug-in output to this track, and then press record.

If you're still having issues, I'll install Reaper on a test machine and get a step-by-step guide prepared for you.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hi Colin, you maybe right about it been a reaper problem. I have also been using megababy sampler in reaper with no problems so I copied the routing method needed to record that and thought it would work the same with cumulus but sadly no joy, I just get a blank midi item after recording. It is bound to be something ridiculous I'm overlooking!

I will have another try later and see if I can make any progress.

Cheers

Pete

Luulox wrote:I just get a blank midi item after recording.
Hi Pete,
though I'm no Reaper user, this got me thinking. Cumulus is a VST instrument, meaning its output generates audio rather than MIDI.
So if you get a MIDI clip I'm guessing that you try to record to a MIDI-Track. I suggest the same routing but to an audio track, that should do the trick.

Hi R.A.W,
I have indeed been trying to record a midi track! I will try your suggestion and hopefully it will be the answer. I will update the topic as soon as I have tried it. Thanks very much for the help.

Cheers

Pete

When you right click the track record button in Reaper, you are choosing Record Output/Record Output (MIDI)
Just choose Record Output/Record Output (Choose mono or stereo as needed)
You can also render in place in Reaper, but having no idea how Cumulus works, or even having a copy of Cumulus, I can't comment on setting that up.
Duh

Hi bungle,
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it and I will be trying it out when I get home.

Cheers

Pete

Hi all, Thanks for all the help, i was trying to record it as midi and after following the advice and recording audio I can now record the output! Thanks again

Cheers

Pete

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello? where i can get cumulus for linux? on http://www.loomer.co.uk/products.htm (http://www.loomer.co.uk/products.htm) i cant find this product

It's an exclusive for Computer Music magazine. You can find it on their cover DVD if you buy the physical magazine, or in their digital vault if you purchase a digital version.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

thx a lot

Used to love using this when it came out with CMM. But sadly its only 32bit. Probably a necro thread response. Oh Well.
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Would definitely pay for a new, commercial version!

street spirit wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:32 am Used to love using this when it came out with CMM. But sadly its only 32bit. Probably a necro thread response. Oh Well.
Definitely worth you asking. What platform are you on? I've been slowly working on getting this up to modern standards, but as it's a gratis product I haven't really been able to devote much work time to it. I've got three other large product updates that are getting close - Sequent, Aspect, and Architect - and once I can cross them off my busy list, I'll have enough spare resources to get this up to date.

Return to “Loomer”