Loomer Architect: A modular MIDI toolkit

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Max by the way, never had a timeline, which always turned me off. Audio Mulch has a fantastic timeline with terrible midi implementation. I'm really hoping Architect will play safe with Audio Mulch and give me amazing audio manipulation, amazing midi implementation all under an amazing timeline.

Have a restful Christmas Colin and I apologise for ever doubting you ;)

(Anyone want to buy N.I. Thrill?..I need to raise the cash for Architect!)

max has a timeline ..

edit it seems that it has been removed since 5.0 :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I have many Loomer products which I appreciate for what they can provide in regular creative musical sessions. I use 'regular' here to establish the basis for a typical workflow which consists of using a DAW (Bitwig for instance) and softsynth and audio processing plugins, creating clips and tracks that contains MIDI notes (created using an external MIDI keyboard) and cohabit with audio tracks of various sources. So that I can wrap my head around Architect, and despite having read the description above, can you tell me, perhaps using a use case, what Architect will bring to such a 'regular' work flow ?

Note: I haven't followed the development thread at all.

Cheers.

For some reason it looks like my previous attempt at posting got eaten up so I will try again.

Do modules deal exclusively with midi sequencing, or can it control midi ccs and vst parameters as well?

Catharsis Cat wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:31 pm Do modules deal exclusively with midi sequencing, or can it control midi ccs and vst parameters as well?
Sorry for the brief reply, but: the latter. There are modules for controlling VST parameters, parameters in the mixer (volume, pan, send depth, etc), creating MIDI CCs, pitch-bends, MIDI clock events, sysex dumps, etc.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I am really looking forward to this!

Congratulations Colin and Merry Christmas! :clap: :harp:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

So this is more like a DAW, is it ?

mevla wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:11 pm So this is more like a DAW, is it ?
Maybe we need a new category? - DMW (Digital Midi Workstation)

mevla wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:11 pm So this is more like a DAW, is it ?
Not really as it doesn't come form the lineage of the multi-track recorder model. It's not dealing with audio editing or processing at all as far as I can tell.
Also, it's a plugin.... It's a host too, but the fact that it's a plugin would separate it out from DAW territory I think.

How would you use Architect within your workflow ?

I'd use it as a composition tool myself. Nice to have something more focused on music creation rather than audio processing/mixing.

Yes agreed.

As to workflow, for me, as I see it the duality of plugin/host reminds me of Kore2. I have always liked this duality of host and plugin. (Plogue Bidule also)
Kore however had no timeline and no simple way of playing back an audio file. (nor does Architect?)
What is interesting about Architect is the timeline that can sit within a master timeline when it is in plugin mode and then the ability to "give" a timeline to plugins such as Kore.
I've always been interested in timelines, whether as notation or as sequencer.

I am very, VERY interested in this product!

I am wondering how it compares to Five12's Numerology? (An amazing little program, but unfortunately for Mac owners only.)

Colin,

I love modular environments, virtual cables and nodes! :love:
This looks fantastic! :love:

Wow! And Architect can host VST2 and VST3, AU, and LADSPA plug-ins :love:

Will it be multi-touch capable?

For Colin’s other products:
https://www.loomer.co.uk/products.htm
Had my eye Sequent for a while. Something like it may be in Architect?

Would be great if the participants in this thread up to page 10 got an additional discount.
As they will be the best Architect promoters. Ok, this is a bit self-serving. :roll:
Well you can always exclude me. :lol:

Return to “Loomer”