Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WRT to a sequencing solution that enables resumption of patterns after they've been activated, here's a solution. Given that Architect will resume a pattern if it's never changed, it seemed easiest to duplicate a [mono sequencer] twelve times, rather than try to track where twelve patterns were needing to be resumed. Here's a screenshot:

From the bottom of the patch working up, each "Pat x" [mono sequencer] is identical, having twelve patterns. Each sequencer plays only one of the twelve patterns selected by the numbered [data] object. They init on launch, but one can also "Pat Reset". All of the patterns are based on 1/16th or 1/32nd, straight or triplet note groups, so they line up at 1/4 note boundaries. Patterns are set to modulate, resume and gate.

The "Pat Sequencer" is an [auxiliary sequencer] set to 1/4th notes, set to auto and restart. The numeric range is set to the set of patterns, in this case twelve or 0-11. The control logic turns out to be pretty simple: a [scalar ==] with the appropriate pattern number generates a TRUE/FALSE signal, which drives the "Pat x" [mono sequencer] playback control, TRUE/FALSE working just fine as gate signals.

Here's my draft preset enabling three patterns, which will provide something to explore and play with:

http://vze26m98.net/loomer/Pattern_Resu ... resume.xml

Enjoy!
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Architect beta 0.10.1 is now available to download for macOS, Windows, Linux 32-bit and Linux 64-bit.

- (new) Added "Note, Highlight Scale" options to mono- and poly- sequencers. When enabled, notes that are in the currently selected scale and tonic will be shown.
- (new) Added per-sequencer stop button to each sequencer in the Play view. These buttons also act as mapping destinations.
- (new) Added global stop button in the Play view. This button also acts as a mapping destination.
- (new) Template module, which builds composite data values similar to the [data] module, but will replace $0, $1, etc placeholders with the most recent value in the corresponding inlet.
- (new) Data force to scale module, which alters a scalar or vector array of notes representing MIDI keys to be in scale.
- (new) Increment in scale module, which takes a MIDI key number and produces numbers corresponding to the MIDI key of the next or previous note in the given scale.
- (new) Improve keyboard control throughout to make the majority of interface elements useable from the keyboard alone.
- (new) Custom keyboard bindings.
- (new): Can bring existing modules directly into the Play and Panel views through the standard add menu.
- (new) Can show the Graph "Quick Dialog" by pressing the Tab key.
- (improvement) Changed metronome sound to better emphasise the difference between on and off beats.
- (fix) Setting a sequencer's pattern via the modulation inlet would be ignored immediately after a reset or a load.
- (improvement) Module information is cached to speed up the Object palettes in the Graph and Panel views
- (improvement) Adding an object to the Graph, Panel, Play window, Timeline, or mixer, will always scroll the view to ensure that the new objects are immediately visible.
- (improvement) Holding down SHIFT whilst moving the focus with the cursor keys will add the new item to the focus, where appropriate.
- (fix) Removed "Convert Alias to New Pattern" option which erroneously appeared on Stop, Continue, or Restart cells in the play view.
- (new) The mouse-wheel can be used to scroll sequencers, arpeggiator, table, or Timeline rulers.
- (improvement) Searches and now more responsive throughout
- (improvement) Sequencers will now always be created with globally unique names.
- (fix) Changed slightly incorrect name for the actions available when mapping to a Play view Scene.
- (improvement) Arpeggiator source note display is now entirely icon based.
- (fix) Arpeggiator no longer resets mid-loop if it receives a note-on whilst on an untriggered step.
- (fix) "Invert Selection" transform only inverts the selected items.
- (new) Can add object to the Graph and Panel views through a toolbar button.
- (change) Zooming using the mouse-wheel now requires that ALT must be held down.
- (improvement) Various UI changes.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Good stuff!

Thank you very much Colin! Especially for my "Houdini key" -> TAB ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Nice one!

>(new) Improve keyboard control throughout to make the majority of interface elements useable from the keyboard >alone.
>- (new) Custom keyboard bindings.

This are welcome features.. I like "ALT+D" to get data object :-)
Good work for the "key bindings" menu under preferences...

>>Especially for my "Houdini key" -> TAB ;-)
+1 for TAB as well!!

>- (change) Zooming using the mouse-wheel now requires that ALT must be held down.
I've already a Gnome KeyBinding for "ALT+Mouse Wheel" (always related to zooming) which seems to override Architect's one. No problems anyway.

What about the organization of presets with more details (date, maybe size..)?

Alberto

AZZIN wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:09 pm What about the organization of presets with more details (date, maybe size..)?
That's in progress: hopefully I'll get it finished for the next release.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

AZZIN wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:09 pm I've already a Gnome KeyBinding for "ALT+Mouse Wheel" (always related to zooming) which seems to override Architect's one. No problems anyway.
Maybe I should make this configurable, then, as I think that it's a fools errand trying to get a single mouse-wheel and key combination that would cover all OSs and WMs.

wuw!

you been burning the midnight oil! :wink:

tnx a lot Colin! :)

colin@loomer wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:07 pm
Tappistry wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:59 pm’m surprised I’m the only one who thought of this specific scenario thus far. Seems like a no-brainer application for Architect. :)
Right, I am surprised I didn't think of it before. But it fits right in with a few other features I'm brainstorming regarding the transport; in particular being able to separate the Arc internal clock from the host's, meaning that you can (optionally) play independently of the hosts signature and tempo.
Tappistry wrote: Randomly select from a group or folder of MIDI tracks within SD3
How would you do this in SD3? I've not used it myself, but I assume from what you're saying that SD3 hosts MIDI file patterns? If so, how can your programatically change the current one? Does SD3 respond to, say, MIDI program changes, or maybe by assigning MIDI notes to a certain MIDI file?
Hey Colin, sorry for the delayed reply.

SD3 hosts its own MIDI files within the plugin itself, along with having a whole host of internal effects for the drum samples. I looked around a bit in SD3, but couldn't find an obvious answer to whether or not SD3 can respond to external PCs. So I sent the question to Toontrack, and here's their response:

"You can create macros in SD3 that allow you to use a MIDI controller to play or stop MIDI playback from the SD3 song track, create mixer effects or channel settings, etc.. however, you cannot assign a MIDI message to jump to a certain spot in the SD3 song track to start playback at a specific MIDI file at random, nor can the MIDI switch between the multiple tracks that you can create at the bottom of SD3.

A host sequencer or DAW, such as Reaper, should provide more control over setting up your MIDI device to tell certain MIDI tracks in your DAW to start or stop on command."

So maybe we'd be a little bit limited on external MIDI control for selecting random tracks?

Thanks. Give me a while to absorb that and maybe see if I can try for myself, and I'll let you know when I've made progress.

No (per step ) delay column yet ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

A quick question , architect is resizable when dragging the lower right corner ( as most vst's that have this feature )
The problem is , when I am running architect in studio one , there is this big plugin header at the top , which makes it unable to reach the bottom right corner for resizing
Dragging windows taskbar to the left/right doesn't slove the problem .
Is there anything you can do about this ?
I also posted this on the presonus forum
Eyeball exchanging

Working on the per-step delay and probability still. I'll try Studio One for myself and see if I can improve that resizing nonsense.

The resizing issue is more or less solved
I just load architect in renoise , resize it there
Architect remembers the new size when loaded in studio one :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

Hey Colin,

Just curious if there's been much progress on the factory library side of things and if you have any idea when you expect to get that out.

Thanks,
B

UmFuFu wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:32 pm Hey Colin,

Just curious if there's been much progress on the factory library side of things and if you have any idea when you expect to get that out.

Thanks,
B
+1

I’d have hoped for this already, I bought the beta thinking this would contain presets.

Return to “Loomer”