Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.5 now available

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
colin@loomer
KVRAF
2055 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:47 am

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:40 am
I still have the problem that the installer - when installing to a custom location - places the Architect.exe in C:\Program Files\Loomer\Architect\Architect.exe while the uninstaller and the install.log actually land in the custom folder. You seem to have a hard path in there?
Yeah, I'm aware of this, and have made some progress on fixing the issue, but just didn't get around to getting it done for this release. (It's a more complex issue than a hardcoded path, as you may have guessed. It's more to do with the complication of installing common files on both 64-bit and 32-bit builds.) Chances are good that I'll get it done by the next build, I reckon. In fact, I'll schedule this in for tomorrow...
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
2883 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Re: Architect beta for macOS, Windows, and Linux. 0.10.3 now available

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:53 am

Congrats with the great update , but still no note delay lane or am I missing something ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:56 am

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:53 am
Congrats with the great update , but still no note delay lane or am I missing something ?
No, afraid that didn't make it to this build. Code is now in place to easily add other lanes, so in theory this (and other such lane requests, of which I've had a lot) will get easier moving forward, but I just didn't have the time to finish that request.

(I believe you can accomplish the same thing, though, by using an Aux lane output as the time value into a MIDI delay.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

ThomasHelzle
KVRAF
5476 posts since 9 Dec, 2008 from Berlin

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:00 am

colin@loomer wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:47 am
ThomasHelzle wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:40 am
I still have the problem that the installer - when installing to a custom location - places the Architect.exe in C:\Program Files\Loomer\Architect\Architect.exe while the uninstaller and the install.log actually land in the custom folder. You seem to have a hard path in there?
Yeah, I'm aware of this, and have made some progress on fixing the issue, but just didn't get around to getting it done for this release. (It's a more complex issue than a hardcoded path, as you may have guessed. It's more to do with the complication of installing common files on both 64-bit and 32-bit builds.) Chances are good that I'll get it done by the next build, I reckon. In fact, I'll schedule this in for tomorrow...
No problem at all, just wanted to report it. I can just move the exe to where it belongs ;-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream|Thomas Helzle 8) Twitter

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:00 am

Cheers!

ThomasHelzle
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:06 am

Getting a lot of unexpected plugins blacklisted here, like u-he Zebra2(x64), all the Uhbiks, Loom_x64, Korg Wavestation, M1 and MDE-X (version 2), Kontakt 6, Izotope Vocal Synth v1. All in the 64 Bit Standalone with first clearing the blacklist and then a scan.
Any idea?
They all scan fine in Bitwig Studio.
Do you want a full list of the plugins when it's finished (it's rather slow).
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:10 am

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:06 am
Getting a lot of unexpected plugins blacklisted here, like u-he Zebra2(x64), all the Uhbiks, Loom_x64, Korg Wavestation, M1 and MDE-X (version 2), Kontakt 6, Izotope Vocal Synth v1. All in the 64 Bit Standalone with first clearing the blacklist and then a scan.
Any idea?
They all scan fine in Bitwig Studio.
Do you want a full list of the plugins when it's finished (it's rather slow).
Well that sounds like something is broken. There have been plenty of tweaks re: the scanner, but I was hoping to improve it in the other direction. Are any plug-ins scanning correctly, or are they all being rejected?

I would guess that the problem that are seeing is the same for all plug-ins, so if you just let me know the exact build of, say, Zebra, I'll see if I can reproduce the issue here.

EDIT: Quick thought: could you PM/attach/email me your Architect.log file. There may be a clue in there as to what is going on here...

David
KVRAF
1851 posts since 5 Jan, 2003 from Brookings, OR

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:24 am

Standing Ovation—Colin!Colin!Colin!!!

ThomasHelzle
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:24 am

Still scanning - will send it your way when when it's finished ;-)

And yeah, most plugins scan just fine. No idea what's wrong. Zebra is latest, Uhbiks are Alpha 2, Korgs are latest 2.x versions, Big Fish Audio Momentum is there too, BBC Symphony Orchestra (the free version)... Architect itself too :-)

Cheers,

Tom

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:30 am

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:24 am
Still scanning - will send it your way when when it's finished ;-)
Yeah, that definitely sounds like something has went awry. I've had a quick look through the changes to the scanner, and can't immediately see anything that may have caused this. But I also upgraded to a bleeding-edge build of the JUCE library, which handles the actual scanning, so it could perhaps be something that has changed there. Just thinking aloud, but I reckon I may change the way this works for the next build to the way that REAPER does it: one scan process per plug-in.

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:34 am

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:24 am
Architect itself too :-)
Thank you: that is an interesting, and well-observed point, as I can say for sure that in all the tests I've done, Architect has definitely scanned itself. So there must be something I'm missing, some case I've overlooked, some difference between your system and my test rigs.

ThomasHelzle
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:44 am

Windows 8.1 x64, 64 GB RAM, Scarlett 18i20 1gen, GeForce GTX 2080 TI...

Logs sent via email...
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

AZZIN
KVRist
115 posts since 25 Jul, 2004 from Italy

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:02 am

Congratulation Colin for this release! The changelog is just ... huge
On Linux (64 bit) the standalone app is fine. Now it's the time for the vst version.
ALberto

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
2883 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:33 am

colin@loomer wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:56 am
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:53 am
No, afraid that didn't make it to this build. Code is now in place to easily add other lanes, so in theory this (and other such lane requests, of which I've had a lot) will get easier moving forward, but I just didn't have the time to finish that request.

(I believe you can accomplish the same thing, though, by using an Aux lane output as the time value into a MIDI delay.)
Imho that is way to cumbersome .
A note delay lane is essential for personalised groove settings etc..,
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:37 am

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:33 am
Imho that is way to cumbersome .
A note delay lane is essential for personalised groove settings etc..,
I hear you. I'll try to get this into the next build.

Return to “Loomer”