midi input issue

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have an external midi controller connected but Architect (in standalone) doesn't appear to be processing received midi notes internally. The midi indicator at bottom right does light up on a note-on, but that's it.
As I understand it, using the graph pictured below any midi notes received should display in the console. If I use the same graph set-up in the plugin version of Architect it works as expected. Windows 10 - 64bit

γνῶθι σαὐτόν

At first glance, that graph does look right to me. Is your ReMOTE device also being used as an input in Preferences > Devices? If it is, what happens if you deselect it from the devices.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:44 pm At first glance, that graph does look right to me. Is your ReMOTE device also being used as an input in Preferences > Devices? If it is, what happens if you deselect it from the devices.
Ah, ok. I just did as you suggested and now it works. So there is a distinction between the midi input being enabled in the preferences and as an input at the graph level? Thanks :)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

MIDI inputs set in the devices are MIDI learnable control sources. Ones set in `MIDI input` modules are routed directly into the graph. The two should be able to co-exist, i.e., you should be able to use the same MIDI connection as a controller and graph input, but I guess that does depend on the MIDI device supporting multiple simultaneous uses.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:11 pm MIDI inputs set in the devices are MIDI learnable control sources. Ones set in `MIDI input` modules are routed directly into the graph. The two should be able to co-exist, i.e., you should be able to use the same MIDI connection as a controller and graph input, but I guess that does depend on the MIDI device supporting multiple simultaneous uses.
Currently, if my midi keyboard - a fairly old Novation ReMOTE - is selected as a midi input in the graph it's then not possible to select it as an input device in the preferences. Fortunately there is a workaround though, using the midi ports on my audio interface.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Noted, thank you. I'm adding logging to help diagnose these kinds of issues. If there is a fix or workaround I can apply, I will.

Return to “Loomer”