Architect: Does anyone have a * macro/script

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2253 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:16 am

So, to clarify, you basically want a run of 0's followed by 1's, with the 1's essentially coming earlier as the automation curve tends towards 1?

I'll get my algorithmic hat on and try to come up with some neat solution for you before the end of play today...
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

2253 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:48 am

This is what I came up with. It's basically a Bernoulli distribution, where for each `n` reads, the last % will be 1. So if you set `n` to 10 and % to 0.3, you will get: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1. After that, the cycle will repeat, so 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1 again.

You'll need to set `n` according to whatever cycle period you want, and then dynamically change % using automation or a slider or whatever to get the time-varying pattern you wanted.

The macro itself is attached to this post. Just unzip it into your Fragments folder, and it'll show up in Architect's Object Palette.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

KVRer
25 posts since 30 Aug, 2020

Post Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:38 am

Wow, thanks so much for this, this is exactly what I was hoping to achieve and more! I'm not quite at the stage in this project where I'll be using it yet but I'll be sure to let you know how it goes once I've made use of it! Greatly appreciate this :)

Return to “Loomer”