send all midi cc's upon launch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
2212 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:01 am

I made some controller gui's for my nord modular ( in this a juno synth) and would like architect to send all midi cc's upon launch .
This way I don't need to store the presets ( which is basically the synth strucuture with altered parametres ) in my nord modular
Is this possible ?
I guess I have to send a bang to the read input of each parameter

Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

colin@loomer
KVRAF
1810 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Re: send all midi cc's upon launch

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:17 am

From the look of that patch, I think what you suggest would be fine. There is a module called [on setup] that does this. However...

Any modules that generate values (such as sliders, and data modules) have a Events > Setup Event boolean property, which if turned on will do just what want. You may want to switch on the Graph > Visual Options > Show Order > Setup Event options to ensure that the slider values (which go to the active inlets) and sent after the constant data values. (Essentially, put anything that sends an event to a green inlet after the things that send events to the same modules black inlets.)

I'd prefer using the Setup Event as it means less modules, and less cabling.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
2212 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:17 pm

This seems to do the trick as well
Sending signal to the read input of a slider , is there any downside to this approach I shoud take into account ?

Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

colin@loomer
KVRAF
1810 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:09 am

Yes that'll work. The big downside is more wiring, but if you're happy with that, it's a fine approach.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”