VST Scan missing Fxpansion Strobe 2

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
kippertoffee
KVRist
252 posts since 3 Mar, 2004 from Denmark

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:44 am

Hello,

First: wow! Architect is really impressive. It's hard to believe this is the work of one person. Right now I'm trying to work out how I can use it in my music making, because I want to use it. It's been a joy to get to know a little.

Secondly: It doesn't seem to pick up the Strobe 2 synth from FXpansion on VST scan. It finds cypher 2 alright, but totally misses strobe 2. I'm on Windows 10, latest version of strobe 2. There's a free demo if you want check it out.

Edit: I'm running the standalone version.

Cheers,
Pete

colin@loomer
KVRAF
1868 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Re: VST Scan missing Fxpansion Strobe 2

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:47 am

kippertoffee wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:44 am
Secondly: It doesn't seem to pick up the Strobe 2 synth from FXpansion on VST scan. It finds cypher 2 alright, but totally misses strobe 2. I'm on Windows 10, latest version of strobe 2. There's a free demo if you want check it out.
Thanks, and I will. I've recently changed some things regarding the plug-in scan (for the next release), which has fixed a lot of issues when it comes to missing plug-ins. I'm hoping this case falls into that category, but I will check it out for myself.

One thing you can try - and I apologise if you already have - is to remove Strobe 2 from the blacklist and scan again. Sometimes, if a previous plug-in misbehaved, it can have a knock-on affect that stops the next plug-ins from scanning cleanly.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

kippertoffee
KVRist
252 posts since 3 Mar, 2004 from Denmark

Post Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:54 pm

colin@loomer wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:47 am
One thing you can try - and I apologise if you already have - is to remove Strobe 2 from the blacklist and scan again. Sometimes, if a previous plug-in misbehaved, it can have a knock-on affect that stops the next plug-ins from scanning cleanly.
I didn't see the blacklist before. Anyway, i tried that but it just ends up back on the blacklist.

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:06 am

Thanks for letting me know. I'll have a look myself and see if I can work out what's going on here.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:07 am

Also, you're not the first to overlook the plug-in blacklist: I must make make it more obvious.

Return to “Loomer”