Record mixer = crash

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
2883 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Pressing record in mixer ( while architect is playing ) gives an instant crash , latest beta
Architect 64 bit , win 10 ,
plugin used abl3 , reaktor 6

I also noticed brief screen freezes ( for about one second ) whrn switching views
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

colin@loomer
KVRAF
2055 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Re: Record mixer = crash

Post Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:08 am

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:09 pm
Pressing record in mixer ( while architect is playing ) gives an instant crash , latest beta
Reproduced this here. I'll get that fixed right now. As a critical bug, I'll look to getting the fix out as soon possible; but in the interest of not flooding the forum with new betas every few hours, I'll combine all the early fixes into a release targeted for a few days.

And if in the meantime anyone specifically needs a fix to work on a project, etc, I can provide them directly with an fixed upload.
I also noticed brief screen freezes ( for about one second ) whrn switching views
I guess you're talking about the brief pause when you first click on the Panel view. What is happening is behind the scenes, Architect needs to check your local library to see which items it can create on the panel. If you've a big library, that can take, as you say, about a second. It'll only do this once per instance, but you're right: that's naff. I'll change it so this scan is done asynchronously.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer
KVRAF
2055 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Re: Record mixer = crash

Post Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:16 am

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:09 pm
Fixed! Thanks for reporting this. As I said before, if you're in desperate need for this to be working now, let me know and I'll upload you an interim beta. Otherwise, it'll be out alongside the other fixes in a few days time.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”