conduct play grid , stop pattern

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am more or less using the play like grid function directly from the structure view , triggering patterns with argemunents .
I am looking for an equivalent for the pattern stop ( indicated with red arrow ) instead of triggering an empty pattern

Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Any number that isn't used by a pattern is equivalent to stop. I generally use -1 for this purpose, as it guaranteed to never be a valid pattern index.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Great !
Eyeball exchanging

No problem. Looks like you're coming up with something pretty interesting in the screenshot!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

No it's a pretty simple set-up , some sequencers , switches ( mute on/off channels ) , controllers etc...
I hardly use architect for generative stuff , I think it excels at live jamming ,playing , switching patterns etc..
It wouldn't hurt if you spread out the word , architect is amazing for live use/jamming , triggering patterns from the structure , patterns triggering other patterns etc ..and the new cabling system is a godsend , I feel highly uncomfortable when cables are not exactly alligned :lol:
Eyeball exchanging

Hi, that's exactly what we want to see with the upcoming release, i.e. the unleashed power of Architect, with some good presets! :phones:

I noticed when using the dropdown widget , a value of -1 actually plays the first pattern ( w3hen using play pattern index )
Could this be a bug , since when using data modules , a value of -1 actually plays no pattern ( initial question and solution of this thread )
Eyeball exchanging

The output of a dropdown is the index of the selected item in the options, but not the selected item itself. What you'd need to do is convert the index to the value. I'd probably do that with a `get element` module with the keys set to [-1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4].

(I think I'll add a value output to dropdown components, as this seems a common point of confusion, and also generally means duplication of the options parameters.)

O.K. I see that the actual values are always starting from zero ( no matter what value you type in the options dialogue )
This makes sense , so we can use words etc , first word =0 , second =1 etc...
So back to my initial question , but this time for the dropdown widget , how to send a -1 value :)
I could use the dropdown in tandem with a data module sending value -1 (no pattern ) ( prepended by a momentary button ) , but still curious of we can send a value of -1 with the dropdown menu
Eyeball exchanging

(I think our replies overlapped. See my previous answer. If you're having trouble, let me know and I'll post a screenshot.)

Yes they did , it's all clear now

I was wondering , would it be possible to display the components directly in the structure view , like one screen to rule them all :) ?
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:34 am I was wondering , would it be possible to display the components directly in the structure view , like one screen to rule them all :) ?
Short answer: yes, it will be (at some future point.)

Return to “Loomer”