random crashes when dropping vst into mixer

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
2883 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:33 am

Draging talmod 64 bit ( a very stable vst ) onto the mixer gives sometimes random crashes
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

colin@loomer
KVRAF
2055 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Re: random crashes when dropping vst into mixer

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:36 am

I will take a look. I've already fixed one bug with crashing VSTs, which may be the same issue as what you are seeing, but I will check myself with talmod and confirm.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:37 am

Edit : happens with any vst that previously never crashed architect , Talmod , abl3 etc..
How come architect becomes less and less stable with each beta release ?
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:40 am

Sorry about that, just teething trouble, but I'm hoping the next build will be rock solid again. I would suggest going back to 0.10.3 for today, and I'll get a fix out for this as quickly as I can, ie, today hopefully.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:40 am

Could you send me your crash log? I've just installed Tal-Mod 64, and added about 100 instance with no crash, so I can't quite work out what is going on here.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:44 am

The drag onto mixer crash seems to be resolved after a re-scan .
But still lot's of other issues , they happen so randomly that's it's hard to replicate and ( at the time being ) I really don't have the courage to investigate any further .
Too bad becasue I was working on a nice project
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:48 am

OK, so I'm going to go with the assumption that what you were seeing was the issue I fixed this morning. I'll do some more testing for the next hour or so, and if things seem to be OK, get a build out with these minor changes. Hopefully that will fix the majority of the issues that you are seeing. I'm concerned in that I can't replicate the Tal crash on my system, as I don't like to say that issues I havne't seen are fixed, but I think it's for the best in the case.

I am sorry that you're seeing these problems. They will get fixed, I promise you that.

Return to “Loomer”