Processing sequences of notes in Architect

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
AZZIN
KVRist
116 posts since 25 Jul, 2004 from Italy

Post Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:07 am

Hello, speaking of processing data "algorithmically", suppose I have a short sequence of 1/4 notes
"c3, d3, e3, f3". This could be a short midi file in the midi pool or a set of notes in one of A' sequencer. What are today's options in Architect to make a processing like, for example,

"c3, d3, e3, f3" => PROCESS => "e3, f3, c3, d3"

i.e. the process is "split the sequence in two parts and swap them"?
I don't need this to be in "real-time", while playing the data (a pre-processing would be required prior to play): a "fast-as-possible" processing would be good enough. Then I'd like to save the result somewhere, in a different midi file or a sequencer.
The example above is just an idea, more complex processing is what I have in mind, on much longer sequences. I have some ideas, not efficient at all, but I'd like to hear what you think in this respect.

Alberto

colin@loomer
KVRAF
2099 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:11 am

I've not tried this myself, so I'm going on instinct alone here. I think the first approach I'd try would be to convert the notes to tuples with a [MIDI to tuple] module. Push these into an array. When you receive the final note (f3 in your example), take the length of the array, split it in half (with a [slice] module), and then process the second half, and then the first half (with a [for each].)

I *think* that'll do it. If my instructions weren't particularly clear, reply to this and I'll upload an example patch.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

AZZIN
KVRist
116 posts since 25 Jul, 2004 from Italy

Post Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:31 pm

Thanks for your reply, Colin.
For now I'd like to try by myself, coming back here for help..

Alberto

colin@loomer
KVRAF
2099 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:20 am

Awesome! Let me know how you get on.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”