Variable in list

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've go a qustion ( pretty sure I asked it before but can't find it )
I am sending a list [ 22,33,44,55,66,22,etc..] to the velocity input of a sequencer , but at the same time I want some steps to be tweaked manually ( slider ) , I was under the assumption that the $ dollar sign $ (part of the list ) would let me do that
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Use a [template], not a [data], and in the body of the template use $0 to refer to the first value inlet, $1 the second value, etc.

Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Wow, didn't even know there was a template module , wouldn't it be more easier to include this in the regular data module ?
Is there a reason why it's not executed when double clicking

Also when using more sliders , these all need to be connected to the call input , but it gives me a mixed types in array ( altough it works )
Eyeball exchanging

There are various technical reasons that the [template] needed to be different from the [data] (although my first attempt at this was originally as you suggested, allowing $0 placeholders in the data module.)

I believe I can add double-click sending activation to the template, though. I'll add it to the list.

The reason for the error is because when the first slider initialises (to say, 23), the array will be [23, undefined, undefined], as the other sliders haven't yet sent their values, an the default for a $ value is undefined. This issue (initialisation of compound data) is something I'm looking into, so I'll hope to have either a technical or canonical way of dealing with this soon.

I was going to suggest use argument defaults to give $0, $1, etc default numeric values, but I've just realised that [template] doesn't support default arguments. That's an oversight: I'll get them put in in the next release.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

As it is now , double clicking a template gives direct editing possibilites .
Just using enter to execute ( template ) command would also be nice
Eyeball exchanging

Yes: that is, I expect, exactly how it'll work.

Return to “Loomer”