Happens in standalone
JUst switch pdc on/off while playing
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
3007 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:11 am

I wish I could record the output when switching between enabling/disabling pdc but sadly architect doesn't record this .

In fact it happens with almost all plugins , the effect is verry noticeable with headphones on .
I don't have this issue with any other host
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRAF
2099 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:22 am

I have the plug-in installed myself, so I will try this out. If you have a demo project, that would help, though.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:59 am

Just a simple monosequencerr --> 808 ( 4/4) will do it to hear it ( alternate between pdc on and off )

Ok so this happens when adding a plugin that ads a little bit of latency ( could be only 1 ms or more )
Toneboosters vcf ( filter plugin ) adds a considerable amount of latency, add toneboosters VCF on an empty track , but architect is the only program where switching on/off pdc actually affects the sound
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:13 am

Ok it seems that when pdc is enabled , what you hear is NOT what will be recorded ( because of the phase shift , latency )
INsert abl3 ( default pattern ) or synsonic 808 and add toneboosters vcf on another track ( empty ) , switch between pdc on/off and hear the difference
Do the same in another daw .
I think the pdc adds latency to a single channel and therefore creates this pseudo stereo phase shift effect
This makes architect unusable for audio mixing when using plugins that introduc latency and pdc is enabled
This in combination with the sudden audio mutes ( just happened again ) the aduio engine needs a serious inspection

Tdr kotelnikov is another plugin that introduces a bit amount of latency , it's freeware and can be downloaded here to test out , just insert it on an empty track
https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-kotelnikov/
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:37 am

Great, thanks, I'll take a look this weekend. Assuming I can reproduce the issue, it doesn't sound like a difficult thing to fix.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:17 am

PDC delay issue is now fixed. As you suggested, it was due to stereo channels getting out of sync in certain configurations.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:05 pm

At certain times I was actually doubting my hearing abbilities , my mind playing tricks on me .
Verry glad to see this one solved
:tu:
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Loomer”