Unpack list

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
3007 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:15 am

Is there something like an unpack list to get the individual elements out of a uniform int.distr.list ?
Unpack tuple equivalent
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:16 am

Also is there a uniform NON integer distr. module ( for controlling vst parameers ) , (varibale ) values between 0 and 1 ?
The normal distribution also gives negative values
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRAF
2099 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:03 am

There is no built-in unpack list, because lists can be of arbitrary lengths, unlike tuples where tuples for a given data type are of a known size. For a specific purpose, though, you can easily build your own with a number of [get element] modules.

The [random] module generates a number between 0 and 1, and although the upper bound is exclusive, the maximum value it will output is about 0.99999999999999999999, which I imagine will be functionally identical in any VST parameter to 1.0. Still, I can see the merit of a 0 - 1 inclusive random generator, so I will make a note of that.

If you are bothered about not generating exactly 1, then I would suggest using an [uniform int distribution] between 0 and n and then dividing it by n.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:45 am

Edit

ok unifom divided will do :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRAF
2099 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:11 am

I've had a rethink on [unpack list], as it definitely reduces wiring in many projects that I'm building. I strongly suspect I'll get this added officially to the 0.11 branch. Thanks for the suggestion!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”