Problem resseting counter

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
3007 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:28 am

I have a problem resetting the counter , it should reset when a value of 16 is reached ( greater or equal sign ) , the comparison module is triggered by the metro .
I am aware that (comparison modle ) also sends a false value when the comparison is not true , thus also triggering the data which should normally be triggerd by truth only ( yellow outline d) .
In max stuff like this is so easy , in achitect I still strugle with it
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

colin@loomer
KVRAF
2099 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:34 am

The idiomatic way of filtering out false values is just to connect the value to both inlets of a [data branch] module. The false value to the left inlet will set the active output to the "false" output, and then the value can be ignored.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:38 am

Still no luck
changed to true ( port ) same issue ,
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:44 am

Connect it to both inlets of the branch. The left inlet is to specify where value is routed, and then the right inlet the value itself.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:47 am

This seems to do it
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:47 am

Yup , just found out
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:49 am

Great. And you can use the other branch outlet if you want to filter out truthy values.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:00 am

There is still one thing that is unclear to me , since the comparison module sends true or false to the branch (control) input , the branch control in the preferences setting still matter ..
How come these are not overridden ?
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:05 am

That value in the properties is the default argument, so it's what the inlet is initially set to. Any value received to the inlet will override this; and likewise, changing the value in the properties will also set the current value (because if it didn't do that, every time you set a default value, you'd need to reset the whole graph to make the values live.)

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:05 am

Hmm , I think we may have bug here
The structure worked , I had a look in the brach properties and it was set to true , I deleted it and got a warning it needed an argument ( which was normally given by the compare module )
It stopped working
Now it works again ( argement deleted in preferences )

edit I know about the default values in the properties ( not su much a noob anymore ) , that's why I thinkit's abug since these obvilsouly still had an influence on it's behaviour
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:13 am

I haven't been able to reproduce that here from your description, but if you can replicate the bug and give me a step by step account, I'll take a look and fix it!

Return to “Loomer”