midi feedback delay + pitcher

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
3007 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:14 am

I build a verry simple midi delay + feedback , works perfectly
Added a transpose in the feedback loop for rising pitches , the note module gives an error , expected integer because when feedback transposing an octave we get pretty fast out of the midi range of 127
Maybe set a boundary for this
Another issue
Reducing the delay time to minimum crashes architect without responding , need to kill it from the taskmanager ( I am aware of the fedback loop )
Is there something we can do about this ?
Here the file , just delete the tranpose module in the feedback loop ( there is also a gui panle for the controls )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:20 am

Here the console keeps counting , becuase of the feedback loop ( set to minimum) , everything is unresponsive ( even the reset button
The dangers of midi feedback
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRAF
2099 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:24 am

I'll take a look. There is a feedback limit, but I think here you're nowhere close to hitting it as the console log entries are probably what are sucking up the CPU.

I've thought for a while that I'll need to change the rules regarding feedback and MIDI errors to stop this exact thing happening, so I imagine a fix is something that I can get into the next build.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:02 am

I was more thinking about some kind of clipping module , so that notes above 127 are disregarded ,
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer
KVRAF
2099 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:42 am

That's something I have been working already: allowing notes to be either wrapped, disregarded, or cause an error (and just the one error!)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”