something like max line object + message

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Colin , I don't know if your familiar with max msp and the line object
It creates a linear lamp based on an input message , it starts with an initial value and it goes to the target value and the time it takes to get there , it's great for creating breakpoints envelopes , assign this to some midi cc's and we're good to go
It becomes even more fun with the fucntion object ( graphical )
For example a downward ramp would be 1, 0 1000 , 1 being the start amplitude , zero the target amp and 1000 the time in milliseconds .
Four ramps after each other , each successive one double as fast as the previous

1, 0 1000 1 0 0 500 1 0 0 250 1 0 0 125
The larger text is the ramp going back to full amp (1) in zero millisecond (instantly )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Noted. I'm already working on something along these lines (if you'll excuse the pun!), but do appreciate the suggestion.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Awesome
Eyeball exchanging

I was just looking around in Architect for the equivalent of the Max `line~` object and was unable to find anything similar. Colin, is a linear ramp generator going to be included in the next release?

Or perhaps I should ask a broader question: how are users constructing envelopes with linear or exponential segments in Architect?

Yes, the next release has a specific module for curve and line generation. It's effectively the automation from the timeline wrapped in a module:

In terms of your current options, you could do it relatively easily with a Lua module or slightly more trickily using a counter to generate lines. I'm happy to cobble together an example of either of these approaches, if they sound like something you'd like to see?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Can't wait for the next release! I appreciate the offer of an example, but if you do not already have one handy I am hesitant to derail you. If anyone has a Lua module to generate envelopes, it would be great to learn from that. I keep forgetting that Lua is an option here, and was trying to think about how to build an ADSR envelope generator from patcher primitives and what I was envisioning seemed messy.

Looks great
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:37 am Yes, the next release has a specific module for curve and line generation. It's effectively the automation from the timeline wrapped in a module:
This looks seriously awesome!!!

Return to “Loomer”