What Am doing wrong

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The boolean works correctly , outputs true if both inputs are true , controlling a midi branch
Yet every note is heard , I did something similar yesterday and it worked .
Here's the patch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hmm , the boolean is outputting a single element list , which is proably the reason why the brach doen't recognize the truthy /false value
Forgot to menion that all three boolean operators are set to size 1 , yet outputting single digit lists
Eyeball exchanging

That's right: a non-empty array is considered a truthy value (whilst an empty array is considered falsy.)

I haven't looked closely - I will do tomorrow morning - but I would guess that the boolean tables are outputting [false] or [true] arrays as they will always output an array of their entire contents in response to a signal, no matter the size of the table, even one with just a single element.

If you want to get the boolean value out of the array, I'd just use something like a [head] module to read the first (and only) element, and place this module between the output of the last [boolean table] and the [branch] control input. You could also use an explicit [get element], but I think [head] would work fine here.

As an aside, I'm assuming at some point you'll be reading from different indices out of the table? Note that if you pass a single number to the read inlet, let's say 3, it'll only output the element at position 3, NOT an array in this case.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Here I am using a single boolean ON/OFF state ( so true or false by ckicking on it ) to control a branch , needless to say it doesn't work becasue it outputs a single digit list
pack note is controlled from metro
I am sure I did something similar yesterday and It worked , controlling branches by boolean
It,s not outputting multiple values at one , just one truth or false , [true] , [false] , what's the use of it if it can't control a branch becasue of the [ ] ?
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:03 pm I am sure I did something similar yesterday and It worked , controlling branches by boolean
By a scalar boolean (which will work), or by the array output of a boolean table (which won't, as a non-zero array will always be truthy)? I will take a proper look at your patch first thing tomorrow and get back to you asap.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

What I did yesterday was scanning through the boolean table ( length 64) , either by using a slider or the step output of a seq , , the output was either true or false and not [true] , [false] and thus able to control a branch , because the slider and step output are NOT signals and thus not outputting the whole list .
Eiter way I think it's kind of useless that a 1 size boolean outputs lists , see first example , for he meantime I am just going to use two uni.integr distribution (range 0-1) going into logic modules and use the boolean tables as visual indicators
Eyeball exchanging

Anyway , iirc you said that you were playing with the idea of unpacking lists , this way we can also use the graph table as a multislider , outputting individual values
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Loomer”