Microtonic refus to accept midi cc data

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ALl of a sudden it refuses to midi learn incoming midi cc's , be it send with a slider or aux pattern
In microtonic we either press learn and or insert the controller number manually , it refuses on all fronts .
I loaded micotonic in renoise with the exact same settings and there it works , also loading architect projects where it does work .
The microtonc configuration settings are identical compared to the working projects , verry strange
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

p.s. I am aware that in the screenshot the pack controller is not connected to the midi out , but it doesn't matter ( that was for debugging )
Eyeball exchanging

I'll take a look when I can, but could you check something first: does Microtonic perhaps only listen for CCs on certain channels? Maybe, as a drum machine, it listens on channel 10 only?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I really think we have bug here otjerwise it would also happen in other hosts , try to assign the two different midi cc's to two parameters in ONE microtonic channel
Microtinc must be set to mutitimbral ( so it has 8 diifferent mutltimbral midi pars )
Part 1 obviouisly receives on channel one .
Eyeball exchanging

Could it be that midi cc100 is a nrpn ?

Microtinc is a strange duck when it comes to receiving midi cc

Let's say you assign controller 50 to eq frequency on channel 1 , you can not use the same cc number to control a different parameter on another channel , even if you specify to send cc50 on channel 7 ( for example )
Only note pitch data is received on midi channels 1-16
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference. I'll try to recreate your issue for myself and then get back to you. This is the latest Windows version of Microtonic, right?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Yes it is , I think the problem is that I choose midi cc's that were not meant to be used ( like cc 100 )

MIDI CC
100 Registered Parameter Number LSB (RPN) For controllers 6, 38, 96, and 97, it selects the RPN parameter.
Eyeball exchanging

Ah OK, but it's weird that CC100 works in Renoise and not Architect.

Ok forget all about it , again it was due to my own stupidity , I was using cc 100 , even in renoise microtonic does not respond to cc 100
Eyeball exchanging

No problem: I'm just happy to close a bug report!

Return to “Loomer”