Issues copying macro

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made a step sequencer and it works flawlessly , only issue I have when copy /pasting the instance , reloading
In this example it is the fourth one (bottom ) , the sequencer goes nuts
I just reloaded the patch and now they all go berserk.
While loading a single instance it works perfectly , I guess it has something to do with initialisation event of the ticks ( used in the metro macro)

Upon reloading , I just need to set the (self made ) dropdown meter for metro to 1/16 for it work properly
Altough I unticked setup events , I wonder why that is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

UNticked all the 1/n ticks except 1/16n
Metro goes still berserk on initialisation

Eyeball exchanging

All your tick constants (and the data used for 1/128) have setup events. So when the patch is loaded (or subsequently reset), they will each in turn (left to right) emit their values to the floor divide module [//]. Finally, the last module, the [30] will emit, and that will be the value used in the floor division calculation. I would guess you forgot to untick `setup event` from the [30].

As a general rule, if you've got a connection to a constant module (such as your ticks), you won't need to use setup events on the constants themselves. So I'd turn it off for each of them. On the other hand, you likely do want setup events on for the metro slider, as you want the sequencer to initialise itself with the whatever the default value is. So for a second general rule, with sliders and other such simple UI elements, you probably want to keep setup events turned on.

I've just made those changes, and it's working beautifully. Good job: this is a lot of fun wired into a drum machine!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

That's the problem I unticked all of them (except 1/16n) and it still acts strange on loading
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging

That's odd, as it seemed to be working here. Perhaps I missed something. I'll take a look (after lunch.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Just to clarify , it's works when loading them as a macro (saved as fragment ) , but when loading a song with all seq.instances adjusted (unticked n ticks ) it doesn't.
See example above , when going int strucutre all is set to NO set-up event

Edit : I really need to buy some glasses , the 1/32 was still ticked :lol:
Eyeball exchanging

Great!

Return to “Loomer”