Gui elements and hierarchy , non existent

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
3217 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:11 am

I have to get this of my chest , but gui elements and hierarchy in architect is a big mess and leads to a lot of frustration
Take the following example , I accidentally unticked a dropdown but can't seem to find it back , it should be in the appropriate macro ?
What's even worse , the gui element could be hiding behind any other element behind another macro on the gui panel , and this is where it can get really painfull .
A good idea would be , whenever you click on a module that has a gui counterpart , an obvious red rectangle should appear on the panel , and it should not be placed anywhere but inside the macro ( if it was in the maccro to begin with )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
3217 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:19 am

Double post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

colin@loomer
KVRAF
2175 posts since 25 Aug, 2003 from Bournemouth, UK

Post Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:27 am

The parent [metro] macro was not visible on the panel, and children are only visible if the parent is. (If an item is moved outside of the parent's bounds, it will also show in edit mode as an outline.)

But addressing your issue: better navigation and layer management is coming in 0.11, for both the panel and graph.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”