another beginner question/sequencer to send out midi cc values?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lava wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:45 am Colin, any chance you could just build in a "MIDI CC Out" module into a future version of Architect? Just set the CC number, connect a mod source to it, specify the output and be done?
That’s one of the most simple things to do
Create a pack controller , set value for midi channel , controller nr and controller value ( send this also to the green read input )
In fact you don’t have to set the midi channel , you can route the output of the pack controller into a ‘ set channel ‘ module , this will give a new midi channel to the incoming data .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:46 am That’s one of the most simple things to do
Create a pack controller , set value for midi channel , controller nr and controller value ( send this also to the green read input )
What is meant by the "pack" prefix? It sounds like it's implying a bundle of multiple signals/controls? But I don't see multiple items when I look at, say, a pack controller.

What do you mean by controller "nr"? And I don't see a green read input on the pack controller.

I also don't see a place to specify the midi CC#.

It's pack because you're turning a bunch of individual values into a single CC message containing those values (controller, value, midi channel) which will be sent each time the call inlet receives a signal.

Controller = CC so you specify the midi CC number on the controller inlet.

Lava wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:35 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:46 am That’s one of the most simple things to do
What is meant by the "pack" prefix? It sounds like it's implying a bundle of multiple signals/controls? But I don't see multiple items when I look at, say, a pack controller.

What do you mean by controller "nr"? And I don't see a green read input on the pack controller.

I also don't see a place to specify the midi CC#.
You pack values , for example if you sent a midi control that for cutoff , you also need to send additional information like midi channel
For the pack controller the leftmost nlet is the controll number , for cut off this is nr 74
The second input is the actual value that you want to send , the input next to that is the midi channel you want to send this controller data to , and the last input is the call input ( this sends out the data of the pack controller , iow an excute command ..you can control this with the actual knob or slider that sends out the values or you could use a metro clock so that the pack controller only sends out values every beat or 1/8th note etc..)
The midi channel can be added later by inserting a midi channel module
I am going to give a stupid analogy :lol: , say you want to send me a package
-the envelope/box is the module = tuple
-the street adress to which you're sending it to is the controller number (74 for cutoff )
-the city I live in is the midi channel
-the actual value that your sending ( controller data ) is the content of the envelope/box
-the (green call) call input is the courier delivering the package
hope that makes sense

Here's an example of controlling audio realsim abl3 with midi controller data
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Loomer”