Can anyone give me some pointers on how to build a lfo / env?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, I'm very new to architect but am pretty impressed with how intuitive it is and am picking it up much faster than I'd have thought I would.

Id really like some envelopes / lfo's to experiment with but am a bit clueless on how to start building them. If anyone could give some pointers on what objects I could use to achieve them, I'd be really grateful!

Actually, if a one has any working examples of them, I'd love to see a picture or have a look at the fragment if you'd be willing to share?

The basic idea is to use a counter module (such as the one from the quick-start guide) to generate a phasor that outputs a signal in the 0 to 1 range. This can then be converted into any LFO shape; in the example below, I call sin(2 * PI * x) to generate a sinus signal.

I can upload you this macro or preset if you don't want to create it yourself?

My library LFO is basically based on this principle, but is complicated by things like tempo sync, phase offset, etc.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Great, thanks for this and I'm happy to try and build it myself - I'll probably learn more in doing so.

Very excited for the library stuff you've mentioned coming in the next update, that'll be a treasure trove as a learning resource!

I f you have reaktor , you could also look into the core stuff , while it runs on the audio clock , there is a lot of common ground
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

haha.. Actually I would really appreciate the macro, I'd still like to build it myself but I've gone wrong somewhere and would be great to compare it against what you've done!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:58 pm I f you have reaktor , you could also look into the core stuff , while it runs on the audio clock , there is a lot of common ground
I don't have reaktor, Architect is actually the only bit of software I'm currently using. Was previously someone who always thought they'd stay OTB but hardware sequencers were always a bit lacking and Architect was just too perfect to pass on!

Colin, this seems like a complex way to make an lfo. Would you be willing to simply build an lfo module into a future version?

Yes, that's exactly what's happening.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:37 am Yes, that's exactly what's happening.
Do you mean the forthcoming lfo’s and env’s will be black boxes and not macro’s ?
The advantage of macro’s is that they’re educational .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

No, they're macros. You can open them, see how they work, edit them, etc. I think (off the top of my head) that the only things that are 'black boxes' are the new UI components, which, similar to the existing ones - the sliders, rotaries, and buttons, etc - are monolithic.

Hi Colin

I too have been fiddling around trying to create some randomising events and wonder if you could share your LFO macro?

How is the Library coming along and do yu know when you will be putting it out? I think for someone with my reasonably limited skills it will open up Architect's potential.

Thanks

Sure: I can look into removing the Architect 0.11 specific bits from the LFO and letting you have it as a 0.10 macro.

Colin, is the library you've referenced here available somewhere for download? Or can you please share your LFO macro with me? Thanks!

drohnee wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:15 am Can you please share your LFO macro with me? Thanks!
Sure: give me a while to remove the 0.11 specific bits and I can pass a 0.10 working version onto you in the interim.

Return to “Loomer”