Midi to signal

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using the midi to signal to trigger a pack note , also resulting in double triggers since it probably converts both note on/off to a signal .
I know I can use the step out of a sequencer , but this always sends out a stepeven when step is disabled
It occured to me that I could easily just take the note out data of an 'unpack note on' module and use that as a signal trigger .

So what is the advantage of the midi to signal if it produces double triggers (when converting midi notes to signal ) ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

In this situation, where you don't want to handle both note on and note off events, you are better off using [unpack noteon]. [MIDI to signal] is for cases where you want notification of any MIDI event.

By the way, the [mono step seq] has a `trigger` outlet hidden away in the properties. On each step, this will send a `true` if the trigger is on for the current step, and `false` otherwise. This will likely be a bit more performant than parsing MIDI notes, when all you really want to know is whether a note exists or not.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Return to “Loomer”