Problems installing GarageBand Instruments?

Official support for: amguk.co.uk and samples4.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's sometimes an issue running .pkg files. In some cases the installation runs pretty much all the way through and then you get an error message however many times you try it. Have you tried looking for the new instruments in GarageBand though? If not then do so. Remember these are NOT loops. You need to go to load a new INSTRUMENT and you should see a folder named 'AMG SYNTHPACK' or something containing all the new instruments you are expecting.

It might be a faulty CD but 90% of the time it's just a weird OS issue that seems to affect some Macs, not even a particular OS version or anything. Anyway here's the solution:

The thing to do is to visit versiontracker.com and download 'PACIFIST' which is an alternative installation application. It's shareware so you can try it out in this case and buy it if you like, although hopefully you'll never need it again. Just use this to load each part of the package one by one and you should be up and running in next to no time. Good luck!

If there is something deeply fundamental wrong with your CD then of course we will replace it. Immediately if you ordered direct from us or with proof of purchase if not. However it's almost certain there's not a serious problem and you should be able to be playing your new instruments in minutes. Good luck!

Cheers - Matt

Matt@AMG wrote:There's sometimes an issue running .pkg files. In some cases the installation runs pretty much all the way through and then you get an error message however many times you try it. Have you tried looking for the new instruments in GarageBand though? If not then do so. Remember these are NOT loops. You need to go to load a new INSTRUMENT and you should see a folder named 'AMG SYNTHPACK' or something containing all the new instruments you are expecting.

It might be a faulty CD but 90% of the time it's just a weird OS issue that seems to affect some Macs, not even a particular OS version or anything. Anyway here's the solution:

The thing to do is to visit versiontracker.com and download 'PACIFIST' which is an alternative installation application. It's shareware so you can try it out in this case and buy it if you like, although hopefully you'll never need it again. Just use this to load each part of the package one by one and you should be up and running in next to no time. Good luck!

If there is something deeply fundamental wrong with your CD then of course we will replace it. Immediately if you ordered direct from us or with proof of purchase if not. However it's almost certain there's not a serious problem and you should be able to be playing your new instruments in minutes. Good luck!

Cheers - Matt
My Expansion pack installs without an error, but the instruments are no where to be found (I have Garageband 09). Please HELP !

This is either simple a) you're not looking in the right place, for plug-ins rather than instruments but I assume not so b) there's a weird software 'bug' that can cause libraries to appear and disappear. I haven't got a definitive fix BUT it has been to do with users having GB and Logic Express installed (some kind of conflict) and it has been fixed by installing (re-installing) other libraries namely JamPacks for certain, maybe others, that can 'nudge' GB into seeing libraries it hadn't realised were previously installed. Other than that I am speculating that there might be some GB cache/pref files that might be able to be deleted, etc. to get GB to see all the libraries truly available but the perfect thing would be a re-scan libraries option that wasn't there last time I looked. If you can't fix it easily via one of the options above maybe Apple will have some ideas. I think it's a pretty random thing though as VERY few users have ever had this issue and all have resolved it but often not known how. Simply re-starting might fix it, etc. You'll be able to see all the files are there and everything should work - there is no way to stop it if you wanted to but it doesn't work so...? All I can say is it's a software issue rather than anything to do with the content. Good luck!
Cheers - Your AMG Team

BTW there's also an option button in the instrument window - set that to 'Show all' rather than 'GarageBand' or you'll only see the factory library. I wonder if maybe half the issues we get with this are actually caused by this simple error rather than anything more complicated now...?

Hello all, IVe been hoping someone could help me out. I bought the amg expansion pack a month or two back and it is frustrating because when i put the cd into my computer nothing shows up at all. I figured i was running low on disk space so i bought a 500 gb hard disk to have some more free space on my computer and i figured the disk would atleast show up on my computer, but still nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is my copy of the disk messed up or is it something wrong with my computer? If someone could help me out that would be much appreciated, I need these instruments!!!!

2 Sik wrote:Hello all, IVe been hoping someone could help me out. I bought the amg expansion pack a month or two back and it is frustrating because when i put the cd into my computer nothing shows up at all. I figured i was running low on disk space so i bought a 500 gb hard disk to have some more free space on my computer and i figured the disk would atleast show up on my computer, but still nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is my copy of the disk messed up or is it something wrong with my computer? If someone could help me out that would be much appreciated, I need these instruments!!!!
If the disk isn't showing on the desktop it's the disc, disc drive or a combination of the two. Get in touch with us direct and supply proof of purchase and we can supply a download to avoid the drive issue altogether. Cheers!

Return to “AMG”