Kick-Ass Brass! - plans for major update late in the year...

Official support for: amguk.co.uk and samples4.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm delighted to confirm, following meetings this week, that we plan to bring Kick-Ass Brass! up-to-date with forward format support and additional new features and also plan to add additional content to the library too. All aiming towards released a shiny, new expanded version before the end of the year.

You're welcome to pitch in your feature requests for consideration here if you like too. No promises but we want to support KAB for many years to come so you can continue to enjoy what is still the finest modern horn section out there from what you tell us! 8)

Matt@AMG wrote:I'm delighted to confirm, following meetings this week, that we plan to bring Kick-Ass Brass! up-to-date with forward format support and additional new features and also plan to add additional content to the library too. All aiming towards released a shiny, new expanded version before the end of the year.

You're welcome to pitch in your feature requests for consideration here if you like too. No promises but we want to support KAB for many years to come so you can continue to enjoy what is still the finest modern horn section out there from what you tell us! 8)
Upgrade path?

dblock wrote:
Matt@AMG wrote:I'm delighted to confirm, following meetings this week, that we plan to bring Kick-Ass Brass! up-to-date with forward format support and additional new features and also plan to add additional content to the library too. All aiming towards released a shiny, new expanded version before the end of the year.

Upgrade path?
TBC but there will be one and I think it'll be something like this...

- Software update FREE to everyone.
- Additional content free to recent (previous year) purchasers and add-able in steps for relatively small cost to older users or in one discounted step to get all the new content.

The thinking is that the existing library is pretty complete, software support will continue free as always, the optional new content can be added if required at a discount to existing/previous users versus future purchasers/upgraders. KAB will be available in two versions then too - V1 content and V2 with new content - so people can choose how much content they want to start with, etc.

Hope that makes sense, nothing can be confirmed really until the new content is decided upon. News as we know for sure.

So if one were to buy kick asss now they'd absolutely get the complete v2 for zero dollars yes

Correct, assuming we do the update within 12 months which is certainly the plan, hopefully less than 6 months. If something awful happened and it dragged on you could quote this and appeal and it'd be OK I'm sure too.

8)

Hello:

I was searching about KAB and found this. These are great pop brass samples. But I have found it a little frustrating to use. Some suggestions include:

- Keyswitching between articulations (instead of each articulation being on a separate MIDI channel).
- Change/merge from one articulation to another while the note is depressed (e.g. from soft to expressive).
- The ability to control the sample level with a mod wheel or breath controller. Currently the only way to control this is with velocity. I can map to the overall volume but this does not seem to produce realistic results.
- 64 bit version or just use an existing sampler engine (e.g. Kontakt; UVI, etc).

I was considering re-sampling this into Kontakt but I don't want to violate the license agreement (or go through all the work). So if your updates take care of these issues, that would be better. Looking forward to the update.

Chris

Return to “AMG”