Trojan in Vaz Modular 3 Demo?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm trying to post a message here, but the system keeps telling my post is SPAMMY...

ASch

You can upload the file here to be checked by more than 40 antiviruses:

http://www.virustotal.com/

Audio applications use to trigger a lot of false positives, so if you got your copy from the developer or an authorized dealer chances are that everything is ok.

As for the antispam system, it's oversensitive when you have less than five posts.

Thanks, yes I guess the file is probably safe, by McAfee won't let me run the demo. I'm not that keen to turn off my AV software... :-(

SuperAntispyware also classes Vaz Modular as a trojan, I reported it as a suspected false positive to them a while ago.

You do the right thing trusting your antivirus even if you think it's wrong. As I said, you can try uploading it to virustotal, it's like a joint venture of all the main security firms to help identify new malware. Also, you can report a false positive to McAfee to be sure.

virustotal: Now that's cool. Didn't know about that, though you or other people have probably posted it before. Shows how scatterbrained I am.

It's great but one need to know how to interpret the results. Obviously, if more that 20-30 of the included engines tell you that your file is bad, it surely is bad.

But you can also got a 2 out of 45 detection. In this case, if the file is old it probably is a false positive. If the file is new it's better to quarantine it and wait a week or so to test it again. If now more engines say that it's bad.....it stinks.

Thanks for the help.

I was thrown because I'd just installed the latest update to Vaz Modular 2 (I've been a user for a while) and got no problems from my AV program. But when I installed the v3 demo my AV prevented the program from running. I can't see how to add an exception locally and, although I can report the issue to McAfee, I think I'm going to change my AV. I'd like to upgrade to v3, and I don't want to have to worry about whether my "security" settings will get in the way!

Thanks

ASch

Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd bring you up to date...

I didn't find McAfee's support very supportive. So, I've ditched McAfee and gone back to ZoneAlarm for the firewall and AVG for the anti-virus, both free (ran them for years without problems until I got this new computer) and now Vaz Mod 3 is running without any complaints from the security layer.

Thanks

Andreas

Return to “VAZ Synths”